HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
Sep 26, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #301 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sennheiser rep whose post you quoted gave a very flippant and unqualified response. I do not consider that in any way an official response from Sennheiser.

Why don't you ask tyll about this situation or to find out more? i bet he can do things faster then even sennheiser themselfs can do.
tongue.gif

If a mayor outlet starts to complain they have to do something.
icon10.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #302 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you ask tyll about this situation or to find out more? i bet he can do things faster then even sennheiser themselfs can do.
tongue.gif

If a mayor outlet starts to complain they have to do something.
icon10.gif

I would not want to put him on the spot like that. This problem is not his doing, so why catch him up in the middle of it? I would not want to jeopardize his relationship with Sennheiser. Why don't we all call Senn and leave messages? Maybe one of us will get through to a human being.

Sennheiser USA Connecticut:
(860) 434-9190.

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #303 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you throw this much of a fit if others couldn't remember the name of your headphones, but loved how they sound? Well, thats likely the case.

I think head-fiers, of all people, should be able to appreciate that there is a difference between HD580 drivers and HD650 drivers and if some shady retailer is swapping drivers we'd be on top of him like crap on velcro. But NO, now The Man is doing it and suddenly it's ok.

Where are the baby boomer outrage machine when you need them?
confused.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #304 of 509
I sent Sennheiser USA an email this morning, sending them a link to this thread and asking them if they were aware of it and asking what their response is. I haven't heard back.

I suspect asking Senn Germany what's what might have more of an impact. In the past, Senn USA has avoided inquiries, but when I've communicated with Senn Germany, they've directed an American engineer to respond, and then he did.

(By the way, we once asked Sennhieser for their official stand on the aftermarket re-cabling of their headphones, were directed to an engineer, and he laughed, but wouldn't comment either way, and later inquiries about re-cabling have led us to believe that Senn really, really won't comment on re-cabling or on balancing their headphones - no matter what their engineers feel - upon a matter so lucrative to some of their dealers and outlets and so beloved in the enthusiast community.)

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #305 of 509
I just realized sound quality/size/isolation is where it's at. Diminished returns are just not worth it with headphones.

now where's my er6i.. oh right.. on my ears.

Good luck with the sennschaisser.

8814.jpg

Sep 26, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #306 of 509
I've read most, but not all the posts in this thread, so forgive if I missed something, but I have only seen one post in which a comparison (580 to suspect 650) was actually made. I think anyone who purchased the 650s with 580-labeled drivers deserves an answer from Senn regardless of comparisons, but has anyone, expecially somone very familiar with the 650 sound and/or 580 sound, had a chance to compare 650 models (good pair to suspect pair)?

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #307 of 509
^ If you tell the truth you may have seen an earlier thread by me. I had 580s for a good 4 or 5 years and did love them, but found they had a weak bottom end.
The 650s have certainly rectified this, my 'hd 580 Makro' stamped pair.

Wihch leads me to believe mine are true 650s.

However a long time ago the matter was entirely about possible 580-drivers in 650s, now its as much to do with Sennheiser's apparent lack of caring.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #308 of 509
I checked mine today. My drivers don't have 'hd 580' printed on it. Instead, it has some date in 2006. I read some posts in this thread, not all. IMO Sennheiser must come out and clear the doubts at the earliest. Unless Senn gives a genuine answer, I will never buy any Senn product in future. It's not just hd580 name printed on 650's, it's also about their neglegence in customer support.

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #309 of 509
I just checked my pair of HD650s recently purchased from Headroom, and they too have the drivers stamped with HD580...Bleh, I don't know if this is a legit reason to return them still. I already feel bad about swapping in the 595s for the 650s and giving them more work to do.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #310 of 509
This seems ridiculous. I cannot believe that Sennheiser is being so casual about this... and what's with the people who say stop whining? "oooer I just bought a product from a company which has indications of not being what I paid for, well lucky me i'll just live with it...." get real! I really hope for the people who are affected by this that Sennheiser actually respond. When you pay $500 for a pair of headphones you are also paying for the service that SHOULD come included in that price.
It seems unwise to me to enrage the Head-Fi community if there is truly no reason to.

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #311 of 509
Is there any formal mechanism by which Head-Fi, as an organization, can ask for an answer to this kind of situation from a sponsor?

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #312 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked my pair of HD650s recently purchased from Headroom, and they too have the drivers stamped with HD580...Bleh, I don't know if this is a legit reason to return them still. I already feel bad about swapping in the 595s for the 650s and giving them more work to do.

since you bought it from headroom, return it and maybe headroom can call sennheiser directly

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #313 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry hope you understand, but that is good in a way. Up until now I think every dodgy 650 was European. Which led me to believe it was a localised batch error in one factory.
Now it proves its more widespread.

We now have a valid reason to quiz Headroom, they might have a bunch of these 650s in storage and be obliged to query Sennheiser. I bet they're more willing to answer a call from 'Headphone.com'.

Please PM Tyll
biggrin.gif

I'm glad I bought mine from Amazon, gives me a bit of come-back.

To the people who accuse us of whining, how about I sell you my 650s on eBay, but actually send some 580s...sly.
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #314 of 509
How recent was your purchase Ezer? I bought a pair from Headroom just over a month ago, and mine have the '06 dates on them. I'd be curious if our purchases were from the same batch HR got.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #315 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not want to put him on the spot like that. This problem is not his doing, so why catch him up in the middle of it? I would not want to jeopardize his relationship with Sennheiser. Why don't we all call Senn and leave messages? Maybe one of us will get through to a human being.

Sennheiser USA Connecticut:
(860) 434-9190.

I understand what you are saying, but all it takes is to ask why there are 580 stamped hd650 sold and if they know why.
headroom could face more complaints if more found out that they actually received 580 stamped hd650's.

maybe it's a good idea for headroom to check their stock and see how much of these headphones made it into their stock. If they find more, it seems valid.

Thus far one from headroom has the 580 stamp on it. So, it seems they are allready involved in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back