HD650 cable upgrade question....anyone tested the market
Sep 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #16 of 18
I've already mentioned the Headphile Blacksilver but since no one seems to have noticed I'll do so again. I purchased mine for the HD650 specifically for 3 reasons:

1. Several posters and at least one review noted that this is the brightest of the aftermarket cables and therefore, at least in my view, the most suited to the 650.

2. It has no microphonics and is not stiff and unwieldy.  Several posters have stated that they like the sound of this or that cable but can't get on with the stiffness of the cable and the fact that every time they move their head there's a rustling noise. None of that with the Headphile product.

3. Price. The Blacksilver is one of the cheaper cables on the market.  

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 18
There is definitely something wrong with the HD650 stock cable.I have brought 2 and they both went the same way.One speaker can stoped working.This happens all the time.So for 180$ I got the cardas 4foot with mini plug.at headroom.The main thing is it works and dose not fail,second the sound is more melodic and bright.I also like the mini jack for my micro amp.So I am happy with this upgrade.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 18
Except, of course, that with a 4' cable you have to stay bent over the amp.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back