HD600 Love! HD650's get your own thread!
Mar 23, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #76 of 80
Fewtch,

Quote:

Personally I've never heard a midbass hump with HD600's plugged into a ~zero-ohm headphone jack. None. Perhaps the Equinoxe fiddles with impedance and offsets issues with higher-impedance amps.

Read the following review on Senn HD-600 (especially on bass paragraph). I found this review to be excellent and very informative. My impression on the Senn HD-600 is right on with the reviewer.

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
The graphs on Headroom show that the 600 has also better bass extension than the 580.
So I'm inclined to believe that the drivers are not exactly the same.

There are alot of factors that go into sound. Believe what you like, doesn't make it any less true that Sennheiser in fact uses the same drivers for the two headphones.

jesse

Mar 24, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #78 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I can only say this - take it however you like :

I have called Sennheiser on three separate instances asking for replacement drivers for HD-580, HD-600 and HD-650.

In each case they gave me the part number for the HD-580 replacement driver.

Over and out!
cool.gif

I hope I'll never need replacement drivers for my 650.
redface.gif

jesse_w -- I just expressed my idea, without pretending that it was 'the truth'.

Mar 24, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #79 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Fewtch,

Read the following review on Senn HD-600 (especially on bass paragraph). I found this review to be excellent and very informative. My impression on the Senn HD-600 is right on with the reviewer.

The reviewer didn't state the output impedance of the amp used in the review (and neither did you about your amp, for that matter).

P.S. I'm not saying the HD600s have no midbass hump, just that I don't hear one (driven by a jack with el-zilcho ohms impedance), although FWIW I don't see one on Headroom's graphs either. With higher impedance outputs, I hear a mild-to-moderate midbass hump, depending on impedance.

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #80 of 80
I am now part of the Sennheiser HD600 Crowd. I am suprised by many things on these headphones. Have only given them an hour of use so far so will not comment to heavily. Just impressed so far. :D Happy Days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back