HD600 Dismantling Guide
Sep 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lithe

New Head-Fier
I've searched around and been unable to find one.  The very tip of cable got snapped off in the female plug and, despite my best efforts, I can't get it out with a needle-nose pliers.

I know that such guides exist and if I could remove the marbled band this would be a far easier endeavor.  If someone could instruct me or link me to a guide I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you have some superglue or epoxy and a toothpick? Put a little glue on the toothpick and glue it to the part that's stuck inside the socket. Be careful not to get glue the loose part in. Once dry, you should be able to pull out the broken off part.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Do you have some superglue or epoxy and a toothpick? Put a little glue on the toothpick and glue it to the part that's stuck inside the socket. Be careful not to get glue the loose part in. Once dry, you should be able to pull out the broken off part.

Well, it's not a bad solution, but I feel like it's an unnecessary risk if you can simply dismantle the thing and get at the broken piece directly.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Well, you have a point. Here's a thread where someone dismantled the HD-650:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/390615/project-frankensixfifties-tm-w-pics

The HD-650 is pretty much the same, so this ought to help you get them apart. Let us know how it turns out!

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 7

That did it.  Thanks.
Quote:
Well, you have a point. Here's a thread where someone dismantled the HD-650:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/390615/project-frankensixfifties-tm-w-pics

The HD-650 is pretty much the same, so this ought to help you get them apart. Let us know how it turns out!

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Ok, so it's really stuck in there.  I've all but destroyed the plastic bit trying to pry it out with pliers even after removing the driver entirely to try to get at it.

So, my question is this: would freezing temperatures damage the driver in any way?  I'm thinking it'll be a bit easier to pry out after the plastic contracts a bit in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back