HD580 headband broke :(
Jul 16, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been there, done that!
280smile.gif

Sennheiser replaced the HD650 head band immediatly.

Great company. Great headphone.

USG

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

broken head band after replacement

orig.jpg

looks good I was surprised they basically gave you a whole new shell for the HD650. I wonder if that one HD580 jubilee part is like that also if it is I could essentially make my HD580 jubilee edition :p well I will call tomorrow and see what they can do for me. it's assuring to know they replace it immediately.

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks good I was surprised they basically gave you a whole new shell for the HD650. I wonder if that one HD580 jubilee part is like that also if it is I could essentially make my HD580 jubilee edition :p well I will call tomorrow and see what they can do for me. it's assuring to know they replace it immediately.

wait did they replace it or fix it or what is the deal?

Jul 16, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait did they replace it or fix it or what is the deal?

they send him a whole new headband with foam and even the things to hold the drivers. I called today and the parts department was out for lunch so I am awaiting a call back hopefully they do.

his still looks intact mine is full snapped i can wear it but the headphone doesn't go really around my head more like an m on my head

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 38
well I still have a broken headband
frown.gif
the cheapest headband is the HD600 at $68 from what the rep told me

last time I called they said I could send in my headphones and get a repair but I use my headphones pretty often and don't want them to go on vacation. He said they may let me send in my broken headband and get a new headband back. I'll call tomorrow so far I've been pretty disappointed

I ordered HD650 headband foam back in July they called 2 weeks later saying they got the wrong address so I gave them the address again and never received it they sent me a letter saying they credited back my $12.12

called today and ordered it again hopefully they get it right this time

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #21 of 38
My new amazon 580s had a cracked headband right out of the box. I sent them to Senn with a copy of my receipt and got them back repaired about a week later (that was about two weeks ago) .

Oct 2, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #22 of 38
I thought the accessories, like headband, cables, etc only have 6 months warranty? That's what Sennheiser told me. The 2 years or so warranty is for the headphone, not including accessories.

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #23 of 38
Call Sennheiser. Had this happen to my 650 and got it fixed quickly.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call Sennheiser. Had this happen to my 650 and got it fixed quickly.

this is the 2nd time I've heard this it's like HD650 owners get special treatment and HD580 users get told to buy a $68 headband.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is the 2nd time I've heard this it's like HD650 owners get special treatment and HD580 users get told to buy a $68 headband.

Did they actually tell you to buy it...? My apologies, then.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the accessories, like headband, cables, etc only have 6 months warranty? That's what Sennheiser told me. The 2 years or so warranty is for the headphone, not including accessories.

The headband is not an accessory, it's part of the headphone. The 1/4 inch adapter is an accessory.

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #27 of 38
Sorry to open up a dead post, but I was able to get some information about the replacement parts. They still have them for sale and offer them for 50.00 USD + ship. Dwight at spare parts is awesome and offered plenty of help to make sure that I get the right parts.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been there, done that!
280smile.gif

Sennheiser replaced the HD650 head band immediatly.

Great company. Great headphone.

USG

[pics snipped]

so you send them a broken headband and they sent you back a broken headband?

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #29 of 38
I broke the headband on my HD580 in two when bending it back in an attempt to loosen its grip. I have since learned that the headband should first be fully extended and then only bend the metal band and not the plastic part. I sent my HD580 in under warranty and Sennheiser sent it back with a new headband and other new parts that I had no problem with, free of charge. Sennheiser gets an A+ in my book.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #30 of 38
I know I'm bringing back a dead thread but... my headband on my HD580 also just snapped all of a sudden!! >.< I didn't check headbands for HD600 but HD580 part list doesn't have a headband... only headband cushion... but Bhatman... do you have that guy's phone # directly??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back