HD555 Now $75 Free Shipping
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #46 of 241
Curse you Head-Fi...my wallet is now crying profusely.

Ah, I'm just kidding. I'm sure I'll love the HD555s for music, movies and gaming and thanks to the topic creator for pointing this deal out.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 241
yeah the 555 are an excellent deal for starting out in the audiophile world.  they are the gateway headphone.  with the soundstage mod they sound amazing i think.  similar to the ad700 stock, but the ad700 still has a better soundstage and clarity to it, that's why i sold my hd555 and got the ad700.  i am a soundstage and open air freak so the ad700 are like perfect for me.

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #49 of 241
thank you for the heads up on the great deal for senn hd 555s .  seventy five dollars shipped is definitely a good deal .  of course sennheiser has announced the new replacement model -- the senn hd 558 ( also hd 518 and hd 598 ) .  my question is are the new hd 558s going to be an advancement in sound or quality etc .?  should i wait for the new hd 558s or hd 598s in order to have the latest and greatest or should i jump on the hd 555s now ?  i am sure one reason the senn hd 555s are being reduced in price is because the new model will soon be released .  what is everybody's opinion about waiting for the hd 558s because i believe that more hd 555s will probably show up on ebay for $75 soon anyway .

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #50 of 241
^ Supposedly the new models are an improvement in SQ, but they'll probably be about $100 more expensive when they initially come out. For that much money I'd rather get a higher tier headphone from another company.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #51 of 241

Quote:
^ Supposedly the new models are an improvement in SQ, but they'll probably be about $100 more expensive when they initially come out. For that much money I'd rather get a higher tier headphone from another company.

this

i wouldnt wait for the hd558 to come out because no one even knows when they will be in the United States.  also, the sound quality isnt going to be worth the 100 or so more dollars than the hd555 are priced at now.  sure, they look cooler and sound will be better, but for the price they will start out, you can get a much better headphone for a little more money which i recommend the DT990 from beyerdynamics.  but 75 dollars for this headphone is the best deal i have ever seen thus far in my audio journey.  if your looking into modding it i can do it for like 40 dollars do a replaceable dual entry cable and new wiring and the soundstage mod, just PM me anyone interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #54 of 241
I ordered mine on the 19th, got a confirmation email, called to check in on the order on the 20th, said they're sending it tomorrow, there was still no tracking code by the 21st so I called in again that day and they said they sent it on the 20th. What? Hope I get it by Friday.

I wish they had tracking codes.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #55 of 241
feel happy for you guys. it's indeed an amazing deal, but i'm proud i didn't reach to my wallet this time. already spent $200+ this month.

Sep 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #59 of 241
Quote:
Did anybody get any kind of shipping confirmation on these? I got my order confirmation, but I am still up in the air as to when they will arrive.

I did. I ordered them Friday afternoon and got the confirmation on Tuesday.

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #60 of 241
i just received mine today
smily_headphones1.gif

definitely do the 555 -> 595 mod as it's very easy and low risk (as long as you aren't a clutz with the screwdriver you're fine). i know it's a bit quick to really have any impressions, but i listened to them out of the box for 5 minutes, then did the mod and can notice that the bass improved. as far as detailed descriptions of the change, im sure you can find others describe it better than me since im not very experienced at this, but it sounds better. my brother also has the hd555 that he bought at the beginning of the summer so next time i see him i'll probably try A/B comparison between modded and not modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back