HD25-1 OFC cable!
Oct 28, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Basically you turn the pad inside out and put it against the hd25 earcup, then simply flick the edges back and hey presto it's done. Easier to do than put into words.

Thanks for the tip. I do remember how I sat bitching at the earcups while replacing the foam with nylon. This time around (also just ordered the velours) it will be easier, I hope.

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #47 of 52
nevermind
etysmile.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #48 of 52
Sennheiser HD25-1 defoamed, velour pads and reversed cups. Used with a stock HD650 cable shortened to 1.2 meters and terminated with a right-angle 3.5mm plug.

Shown here with an iPod shuffle.

HD25-1iPodshuffle.jpg

May 22, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Sennheiser HD25-1 defoamed, velour pads and reversed cups. Used with a stock HD650 cable shortened to 1.2 meters and terminated with a right-angle 3.5mm plug.

Shown here with an iPod shuffle.

HD25-1iPodshuffle.jpg

Not to revive this thread from the dead, but does the HD650 cable's connectors fit tight, or do they tend to come loose fairly easily?

May 23, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
Not to revive this thread from the dead, but does the HD650 cable's connectors fit tight, or do they tend to come loose fairly easily?

They fit tight. I would like know where the guy with the picture got the right angle plug that fit the 650 cable. I bought a 1/8" plug (not right angle) but it didn't fit the cable. I'd still like to reterminate mine as I'd rather use a 1/4" adapter when I need it then the big, clunky 1/8" adapter I use now.

May 23, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy
They fit tight. I would like know where the guy with the picture got the right angle plug that fit the 650 cable.

Looks like a Neutrik as you can get from say... Thoman.de

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #52 of 52

Quote:
After reading about how the stock cable of the HD-25-1 degraded the sound because it was made of steel instead of copper I started wondering if I should replace mine with a copper cable. But I thought to myself: "What difference can it make? Probably some minor improvements". So my first thoughts were that I rather get a new CD or two. But eventually curiosity got the better of me and I ordered the HD25-13 replacement cable #74532. A 3,5 meter cable with a nickel plated 1/4th plug from thomann.de
162626.jpg
The cable was surprisingly cheap (A lot cheaper than the HD580 replacement cable or the standard steel cable and way cheaper than what my local senn dealer asked for it = €52 !
eek.gif
) at €15,90.I had to order for at least €25 and I ordered two pairs of HD414 pads along to mod, dye black and sell later in the for sale forums to get my €10 back
smily_headphones1.gif
Now to the sound differences!Much much bigger than I expected. The easiest way to explain it is that the steel cable sounds like steel. You got the feeling that the music had trouble getting trough. It got there eventually but had to leave a lot behind. The soundstage never got through the steel but it does through the copper. Was the music before just on two places nexts to your ears, now it's wider. If you heard the sound only in the cups before you would now think that the cups have grown to be five times their size. The sound is much fuller. The music sounds more rounded. And smoother. A more relaxed sound. Where the music felt strained, like it had trouble reaching the driver it now flows straight into your ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
The soundsignature of the HD25-1 doesn't really change much.For ones I'm happy I let curiosity get the better of me.
smily_headphones1.gif

how about sibilance? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back