HD202
Oct 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eM SiicKS TeeN

New Head-Fier
My very first set of phones.

New to audio, and plan on upgrading.

What can I expect? Any mods I can do to em?
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 6
The Sennheiser HD202 was my first closed headphones. They are very good sounding for the money. The only modification that I have ever done with these is with the earpads. Changing the shape ever so slightly to completely cover my ears rather than sit on top of them. Aside from that, they are one of best entry level headphones in the closed arena. The next step up would be the full-sized HD201. Ironic isn't it with the numbering.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Congrats! Welcome to HeadFi...and woe be to you--you've started down "the path" ...sorry about your wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

The 202's were my first "real" set of headphones as well. Well ahead of a lot of the "bundled" offerings out there.

Someone actually did a dual- to single-entry recable of their 202's (it's in the general "Sennheiser mod" thread).

I'd listen to them for awhile and just enjoy them. I had mine for a little over a year before I upgraded again. Try not to frequent the hardware forums too much--they lead to acute "upgradeitiss"--you've been warned.
wink.gif
If, after a while, there's things you find you don't like about them, that's the time to be thinking about modding and/or upgrading.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 6
Yes! I'm new to the vast world of headphones (cans)

I literally just woke up one day and was like "I'm tired of these Apple Earbuds. I'm getting a legit pair of headphones." Now I'm here and my wallet is definitely nervous.

I just got my first pair in the mail today. HD202s and I absolutely LOVE them. I literally have no complaints. The sounds is so pure, the bass is decent (not too overpowering but not weak. definitely enjoyable. i am a basshead but i'm still relatively satisfied with the bass), the noise canceling is excellent, and they don't leak sound.

i'm thoroughly satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back