HD 595 + Zune 30gb + triple fi 10
Jan 27, 2011 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

youngguitar

New Head-Fier
hi guy, i really don't want to start a new topic but after spend 2 hours reading forum i couldn't find the answer that satisfy my question. Thank you guy for reading this and i am really appriciate any suggestion from you guys.

I love music and the most expensive IEM i ever purchase was sennheiser cx 550 (120$ back then). Currently i got a best deal in century . 99$ for triple fi 10. and i just order an sennheiser HD 595 since i don't have any big headphone so i want to try a new style. 

And i only have a zune 30 gb first generation (it's kinda big) and a sansa 2gb. 

I basically listen to music on bus, in campus so most of the time i use my zune

1. i wonder if are there any way to improve the HD 595 and triple fi 10. my zune 30gb is kinda old i don't know if it is good enough for those headphone. should i order an AMP. and if i order which one should i go with. i am thinking of fiio 5 or fiio 7. and i am not gonna spend more than 99$ for the AMP since my zune 30gb now is only worth less than 50$.

2. if i use the AMP. does my source a matter. for example does it sound different if i use the Fiio 7 + hd 595 + zune or Fiio 7 + hd 595 + laptop or sansa. 

3. should i buy a better mp3 :D or i just need to buy an AMP and it would be ok.

and i have read that the triple fi 10 is not gonna sound any better if i use it with zune or laptop or even 200$ AMP. is it true :D. i doubt that my zune is too cheap to drive those expensive headphone. 

One more thing that i notice when i sync my zune 30gb with my car it sounds horrible but when my friend put his zune hd 32gb, it sound a lot better (still not good since i don't think any portable player could drive the car's speaker)

thank you very much for spending your time reading through this.
Excuse my bad english. 

Update. 

Triple fi 10 impedancepedance: 32 Ohms, 1 kHz.

Do you know how to check the mp3 OHMS :D. it's new to me so i don't really know what does impedance have to do with quality of sound.

sorry i forgot to mention my music file. i most of the time use MP3 128 - 192 and some time 320. I also have some WMV file 30mb - 100mb per song but if i play it on my mp3 it only last for 1 hours.
What kind of bit rate is best for those headphone in your opinion?\

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Also i didn't know that the HD 595 is open so everyone around could hear my music. and for portable is it ok to use the full size headphone. did i make a wrong decision when purchasing the HD 595 since i only use it in public. for my situation which headphone do u think suit my need the best. 
thank you again

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Sounds like the E7 should work perfectly for what you have. Both would be driven quite easily and the DAC should help improve the sound quality. Great match with laptops and portable media devices.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Sounds like the E7 should work perfectly for what you have. Both would be driven quite easily and the DAC should help improve the sound quality. Great match with laptops and portable media devices.

hi thank you. i just notice that when i play the triple fi 10 on my laptop and my zune it doesn't sound different but when i play the hd 595 it is a huge different. HD 595 sounds a lot better with the laptop. so i think i haven't hear the best out of it. 
So if i have the E7 is it gonna sound different if my source is laptop or zune or they both sounds the same after connected to fiio 7

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 6
They will sound the same, but, of course, better than what you have heard from your laptop because of the E7's DAC.

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 6
I suggest you study S:FLO 2 or HiFiMAN 601

Users who are viewing this thread

Back