hd 448 vs shure 440 bass
Mar 1, 2011 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
Which headphones have more bass?

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Haven't heard the 440s but the hd 448s don't have that much bass at all. If you're looking for bass heavy phones I'd look into the denon d1100, m50s, phiaton ms400s, and ultrasone hfi 580s. Hope this helps.

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm looking mainly for clarity, detail and sounstage in a closed headphones. I have my turbines for bass. I am narrowing it down to these two i feel but just wondering which ones have more bass

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I personally don't have any experience with HD448 but from what I've read and from my one experience withe SRH440, the Shure's will probably have a better bass response, only slightly though.  I can vouch for the SRH440 in terms of having exceptional clarity and detail, especially when considering its price range, plus the sound stage is actually pretty good too.

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I'm looking mainly for clarity, detail and sounstage in a closed headphones. I have my turbines for bass. I am narrowing it down to these two i feel but just wondering which ones have more bass

I listened to both of them, I would go for the shure 440 in terms of sound clarity and details. But honnestly, both of them are not good for bass.
In terms of comfort, the senn 448 are really light and soft, you can wear them for hours, in opposite to the shure 440 which are heavy and quite rigid.

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 7
The denons have awesome soundstage, great detail, and very well defined powerful bass. The only thing is that the mids are a tiny bit recessed but get better with burn in. They also get better with an upgraded source.

I can't really comment on the others except for what I've read on here.

Mar 2, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 7
HD 448 have great clarity, almost as good as the HD 598. Which is a good thing from a pair so many times cheaper. Just don't expect big bass, it will go low enough no doubt, but its an added feature, not the dominant point. If you listen mainly to voices and strings, HD 448 is a great thing. I don't have any data about the Shure's, never listened to them.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back