Havi B6 !
Dec 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #481 of 1,184
BONUS: My new B3P1s

They look great! The glass faceplate is really badass  
etysmile.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #482 of 1,184
I don't know what to do if the B6 comes out and it's truly even more amazing than the B3P1, because that means that the B9 would be even better, and at that point the quality would almost be at an endgame level, right?

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #483 of 1,184
I don't know what to do if the B6 comes out and it's truly even more amazing than the B3P1, because that means that the B9 would be even better, and at that point the quality would almost be at an endgame level, right?

I think after B6 it becomes a game of diminishing returns and preference. Plus if a company put an endgame product out with its third commercial product I think I'll finally get my hoverboard soon.

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #486 of 1,184
I'll just be looking for whichever one has the best soundstage. For me at least, I can easily tolerate differences in frequency response and EQ along with the help of a measurement mic to change it. Looks don't really matter much for me since I won't be showing them off or even looking at them most of the time. I'm also quite the opposite of an "commodity fetishist." And the B6 seems like the top contender for the soon-to-be-released bang-for-buck IEM with the best soundstage, so I will most likely go with that. As for the B9, it probably will be more expensive (>$150?) and not nearly that great, but if Havi can pull it off with two successful hits in a row, then there might just be an at least slightly less successful, but still very good, third hit. I just want that soundstage to keep going up and up and... While still keeping price low enough. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #487 of 1,184
I'll just be looking for whichever one has the best soundstage. For me at least, I can easily tolerate differences in frequency response and EQ along with the help of a measurement mic to change it. Looks don't really matter much for me since I won't be showing them off or even looking at them most of the time. I'm also quite the opposite of an "commodity fetishist." And the B6 seems like the top contender for the soon-to-be-released bang-for-buck IEM with the best soundstage, so I will most likely go with that. As for the B9, it probably will be more expensive (>$150?) and not nearly that great, but if Havi can pull it off with two successful hits in a row, then there might just be an at least slightly less successful, but still very good, third hit. I just want that soundstage to keep going up and up and... While still keeping price low enough. 

+1

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #488 of 1,184

+1 for me too. My last post came off a lot more condescending than I meant.

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #490 of 1,184
We'll just have to wait....pretty sure they will do a good job...tuning wise...they will have to up their game after B3Pro1.....they have to...lotsa headfier are waiting for the B6...woot woot

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #491 of 1,184
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #495 of 1,184

... I'm also quite the opposite of an "commodity fetishist." ...

I had to have myself a little chuckle when I read this. Believe me, I feel the same way. But in a very real sense HeadFi's all about magnifying and amplifying commodity fetishism, with all of us drooling over what our next little hi-tech product will be, etc., etc. Please, no offense intended! I'm looking forward to the B6 as much as anyone, provided it doesn't need an amp like the B3. Ah, the B6, that shimmering aura of promise, the promise of true consumer satisfaction, always just around the bend! Sorry, I meant "the promise of discerning audio pleasure."
biggrin.gif

Now, cross my fingers: I hope I don't take flak for this post...
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back