Havi B6 !
Dec 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #511 of 1,184

Cross talk is signal passing from one channel to another. In headphones it can make the soundstage seem more 3d and realistic, since headphones don't have a true soundstage like speakers. In speakers you hear both channels in each ear and get a pseudo binaural experience. In headphones, the channels should be balanced and separate, giving you soundstage as space, but not as true soundstage like speakers (unless you're listening to binaural recordings). The imbalances and crosstalk in the B3 are part of what gives it its uniqueness and appealing sound, but it won't measure well or be technically accurate. 

I think you're messing "crossfeed" with "crosstalk".

Crossfeed is used by some of the sources and/or amps to decrease the stereo separation and give a sense of space (soundstage) like the speakers gives to you. "Crossfeed" sometimes -mistakenly- called as "crossfade". Crosfeed can be achieved digitally as well.

Crosstalk generally caused by the faulty wiring, non separated neutral channels, by the source and/or amp itself, etc...

Havi avoids from "crosstalk" on all of its models (B3 Pro1 Pro2 and upcoming B6 models) by the help of separate neutral wiring (as @charleski already mentioned).

In addition, channel imbalance doesn't provide a larger soundstage.

Havi B3's and B6 versions have a patented inner design. I have already dismantled and showed some dudes on the previous B3 Pro1 thread the inner design of B3 Pro1. That special inner design and some other factors gives the Havi that special soundstage. Of course one of them is the drivers relative position to each other (as @charleski already mentioned). But the biggest effect comes from a design factor (patented inner layout) and also separated neutral channels helps a little...

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #513 of 1,184
  Thanks for clarifying that. I've always heard those things used interchangeably, so I guess it's a common mistake to make. 

You're welcome buddy
beerchug.gif

--------------------------------------------

Off topic but wanted to inform: I have just finished my Brainwavz HM5 earpads review and published it: http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-velor-memory-foam-replacements-earpads-suitable-for-many-other-branded-large-over-the-ear-headphones-akg-hifiman-ath-philips-fostex/reviews/12191

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #515 of 1,184

Crossfeed is used by some of the sources and/or amps to decrease the stereo separation and give a sense of space (soundstage) like the speakers gives to you. "Crossfeed" sometimes -mistakenly- called as "crossfade". Crosfeed can be achieved digitally as well.

Crosstalk generally caused by the faulty wiring, non separated neutral channels, by the source and/or amp itself, etc...

Havi avoids from "crosstalk" on all of its models (B3 Pro1 Pro2 and upcoming B6 models) by the help of separate neutral wiring (as @charleski already mentioned).

In addition, channel imbalance doesn't provide a larger soundstage.

Havi B3's and B6 versions have a patented inner design. I have already dismantled and showed some dudes on the previous B3 Pro1 thread the inner design of B3 Pro1. That special inner design and some other factors gives the Havi that special soundstage. Of course one of them is the drivers relative position to each other (as @charleski already mentioned). But the biggest effect comes from a design factor (patented inner layout) and also separated neutral channels helps a little...

Quit providing the forum with such useful information will ya?
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #516 of 1,184
Dec 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #517 of 1,184
Funny enough, comparing the Havi Pro 1s to the Brainwavz HM5s, I feel the B3p1s have better bass as it is more punchier and makes rock music sound livlier. the havis have more bass as well imo. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #518 of 1,184
  Welp. So much for my wallet.

Seriously though, totally loving the sound! And it isn't even burned in yet. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Okay, I'll need to know the release date of the B6 before I get tempted too much to buy the B3P1!
I had successfully forgotten about this for a while but now another one has gotten his hands on the B3.... I'm dead.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #519 of 1,184

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Okay, I'll need to know the release date of the B6 before I get tempted too much to buy the B3P1!
I had successfully forgotten about this for a while but now another one has gotten his hands on the B3.... I'm dead.

You should better get both my friend. Havi B3P1 is an amazing value:wink:

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #522 of 1,184
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Er.. Oops? :ksc75smile: hurhur

You should better get both my friend. Havi B3P1 is an amazing value:wink:

Unless the B6 comes out before March, all should be well.. right..? For some reason I foresee another round of hand-wringing coming up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back