Havi B6 !
Dec 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #451 of 1,184

Its like ur basically buying the pistons for the tips and the pistons themselves are like a nice extra lol

Sorta, yeah! 
biggrin.gif
 But the Pistons are good value anyway. I actually didn't buy them for the purpose of using the tips on the B3's. In fact, it was weeks later that I discovered they worked so well due to their wide bores. It's really worth a try! It's so much more comfortable than the Sennheiser tips.  

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #452 of 1,184
Tips and fitting is so individual that it's almost impossible to say what's "best" for someone else. Most people seem to prefer the B3's with wide bore tips though.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #453 of 1,184

The JVC literally like explodes the soundstage (funny considering they are from my xtreme xplosive headphones haha). 

Do you know if there are any other cheap JVC in-ears that include the spiral dots? 

I looked at the HA-FX40, which is only slightly more expensive than the spiral dots from amazon. I also looked at the JVC HA-FX101.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #455 of 1,184

Do you know if there are any other cheap JVC in-ears that include the spiral dots? 

I looked at the HA-FX40, which is only slightly more expensive than the spiral dots from amazon. 

Those do appear to be spiral dots, but I don't see the point in spending more just so you can have a pair of earphones you won't touch. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #456 of 1,184
  Those do appear to be spiral dots, but I don't see the point in spending more just so you can have a pair of earphones you won't touch. 

I can sell the earphones with some of the other tips that I have.

Found that the JVC HA-FX101 cost the same as spiral dots. If I buy the JVC in-ears, I can also try different sizes. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #457 of 1,184
@peter123

I haven't even bought or try the Havi B3 Pro 1, and there's a new B6?
This is really great "peter", cheers! 
beerchug.gif

PS. Never bought the B3 Pro 1 because it needs an AMP to sound louder or achieve the best sound possible.
frown.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #461 of 1,184
  @peter123

I haven't even bought or try the Havi B3 Pro 1, and there's a new B6?
This is really great "peter", cheers! 
beerchug.gif

PS. Never bought the B3 Pro 1 because it needs an AMP to sound louder or achieve the best sound possible.
frown.gif

Last part about needing an amp is not true imho, sounds terrific out of my macbook and cellphone even without an amp and dac.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #463 of 1,184
 Last part about needing an amp is not true imho, sounds terrific out of my macbook and cellphone even without an amp and dac.

My laptop's IDT audio chip as well as my Sound Blaster USB pro runs Havi pretty well. I never even need to cross 75% mark on volume bar.
But both of my smartphones struggle to run it.

BONUS: My new B3P1s

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #464 of 1,184
  My laptop's IDT audio chip as well as my Sound Blaster USB pro runs Havi pretty well. I never even need to cross 75% mark on volume bar.
But both of my smartphones struggle to run it.

Thanks! Good to know!

Now, I hope the new B6 can be driven a little easier and louder with less volume, which leads to longer lasting battery life.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #465 of 1,184
I have the Ruizu X02 as my travel portable, do you know if these could drive them loud enough?

PS. This question can be for "peter123", also.

No I wouldn't suggest getting the B3's to drive with only the X02.

At max volume it's at almost normal listening level but it sounds very thin and not something I'd enjoy listening to.

I wonder if people saying that it sounds great without an amp have actually heard it properly amped, it really is a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back