Havi B6 !
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #439 of 1,184
Is it possible to get the spiral dot tips at non absurd prices yet? $10-15 is my max and that's just because of their quality. $30 for tiny specs of silicone is nuts.

Exactly ....but when me tested Francisk's Havi with JVC spiral dot ...the change is so significant better ...had to get it

Exactly my thoughts, spiral dots cost too high! 
Oh and btw I was also unable to spot any original Sony Hybrids online... does anybody know where to get the originals? 

Imho ....the different in sound is well worth it ...imo

I just bought a box on eBay for $16 shipped, iirc I paid even less last time.

I'm on my phone so can't link now but search for:

GENUINE Victor JVC EP-FX9M

They're worth it :wink:

A box = 3 pairs

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #440 of 1,184
  The sizes are about them same, but the Spirals are stubbier.

How about material thickness? One thing I don't like about the sonys is that the silicone is thicker/stiffer and tend to make it far too easy to hear my own heartbeat during quiet passages (this is compared to the stock pfe tips, which are great except they don't fit nearly as well on my gr07be as my pfe111).

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #441 of 1,184
I have one with my b3,just arrived yesterday.
For initial impression its comfort, and make havi more airy, good improve in bass too
My "M" size is almost same with the double flange included in b3

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #442 of 1,184
My biggest concern with the Spiral Dots is the soundstage. I was surprised to find that my Xiaomi Pistons 2 ear-tips not only fit well with the B3's, but sounded fantastic too. Compared to the Sennheiser double-flanges the Xiaomi tips had a little more warmth, sligthly smoother treble, but more importantly a slightly smaller soundstage. The Sennheisers are still the best IMO but weren't very comfortable so the Xiaomi's were the perfect solution as they didn't compromise the sound like the Sony hybrids and the standard white silicone and red/grey tips did. The Xiaomi's were perfect except for their soundstage so I'm just worried I''ll pay over $20 for tips that won't be as good as the Sennheiser tips. Any advice @Wokei? Got any tips for me? Get it, tips... 
tongue.gif
 Thanks!! 

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #443 of 1,184
My biggest concern with the Spiral Dots is the soundstage. I was surprised to find that my Xiaomi Pistons 2 ear-tips not only fit well with the B3's, but sounded fantastic too. Compared to the Sennheiser double-flanges the Xiaomi tips had a little more warmth, sligthly smoother treble, but more importantly a slightly smaller soundstage. The Sennheisers are still the best IMO but weren't very comfortable so the Xiaomi's were the perfect solution as they didn't compromise the sound like the Sony hybrids and the standard white silicone and red/grey tips did. The Xiaomi's were perfect except for their soundstage so I'm just worried I''ll pay over $20 for tips that won't be as good as the Sennheiser tips. Any advice @Wokei
? Got any tips for me? Get it, tips... :p  Thanks!! 

Me left with 5 pairs now....one pair is going to the Land Down Under.....Me get it...Me do

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #446 of 1,184
I tiprolled it quite a bit, trying senn double flanges, sony hybrids, SHE3590s, tenore tips and for now settled on stock large sized red-gray tips. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #447 of 1,184
  How about material thickness? One thing I don't like about the sonys is that the silicone is thicker/stiffer and tend to make it far too easy to hear my own heartbeat during quiet passages (this is compared to the stock pfe tips, which are great except they don't fit nearly as well on my gr07be as my pfe111).

I'm not sure if the Spirals are necessarily thinner, but they're softer. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #448 of 1,184
  I tiprolled it quite a bit, trying senn double flanges, sony hybrids, SHE3590s, tenore tips and for now settled on stock large sized red-gray tips. 

I alternate between the stock ones and large jvc ones.

The stock ones give a fuller midrange but at expense of sound stage. The JVC literally like explodes the soundstage (funny considering they are from my xtreme xplosive headphones haha). 

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #449 of 1,184
What are the best eartips for the B3 Pro I?

From the tips I've used I think the Sennheiser double-flanges get the best soundstage and imaging out of the B3's as well as a very neutral signature. But if you ever get to try the (very good) Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 those tips will keep the soundstage of the Senneisers, for the most part, but add a bit warmth too. Like I said earlier, it makes for a really pleasant sound that's both very spacious and warmer but much more comfortable (for me at least). I highly recommend that you give 'em a try, especially since the Pistons practically cost as much as JCV's Spiral Dot tips alone. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #450 of 1,184
  From the tips I've used I think the Sennheiser double-flanges get the best soundstage and imaging out of the B3's as well as a very neutral signature. But if you ever get to try the (very good) Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 those tips will keep the soundstage of the Senneisers, for the most part, but add a bit warmth too. Like I said earlier, it makes for a really pleasant sound that's both very spacious and warmer but much more comfortable (for me at least). I highly recommend that you give 'em a try, especially since the Pistons practically cost as much as JCV's Spiral Dot tips alone. 

Its like ur basically buying the pistons for the tips and the pistons themselves are like a nice extra lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back