Havi B6 !
Feb 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #886 of 1,184
Come on, Digimon Adventure was the best thing ever back then. 
biggrin.gif

I still love the opening song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAAh0Gn2J8A

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #888 of 1,184
Gundam and Macross/Robotech? They've come a long way since then.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #891 of 1,184
I am back to home from vacation with my lovely wife and 2 daughters and reaching my wifi now. I am reading now the thread from the place (post) where I left...

I have 2 extra days of holiday but couldn't postpone my reply to Monday as I see the anxiety and curiousness now. I have to say that I feel sorry about the delay. But things like family, leisure time and work shapes a mans life...... and I am glad that I have them :)

I will directly get on the topic: Havi decided to make some final tunings on B6.This will delay its introduction. I dont have an idea how long this will take. Lets hope not too long... They are trying their best.

In the current situation it is not meaningful to review it for sound.

But I think I can share some impressions on B6's look. Unlike some companies digitally created iem images, Havi shared real photos of the actual item. For me these photos can't reflect the real beauty of this iem. B6 housing is superbly built. In addition I have never seen such a thick yet flexible and soft to touch cable on any iem (no exaggeration here). It's microphonic properties are excellent and never gets tangle. The inner part have 4 separate wires and the outer part is made of Kuraray silk. I have searched the Kuraray company and it is a Japan company which produces synthetic stuff. The outer part of the cable is not like the silk which is used on textile but a synthetic material which gives the similar soft to touch feeling.

Connectors are very robust. I gave them some stress tests and they did the job very well.

Monday I will try to share some pitcures.

BTW: I am not working for the Havi professionally. I am reviewing stuff for companies thats all. BUT: I am a big fan of B3 Pro1 and this shaped the whole situation... (I kow some people may not believe it (work thing) and I don't care).

In the end of this writing I want to remind the memebers a very old post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/2205#post_10848544

...and add the word here. I am still standing behind my words:

"A thread is only meaningful because of friends".

Sincerely,

Baycode.

PS: thanks to all friends that supported B6 thread and delivered their good wishes/thoughts.

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #892 of 1,184
I am back to home from vacation with my lovely wife and 2 daughters and reaching my wifi now. I read the thread from the place where I left (in a fast manner).

I have 2 extra days of holiday but couldn't postpone my reply to Monday as I see the anxiety and curiousness now. I have to say that I feel sorry about the delay. But things like family, leisure time and work shapes a mans life...... and I am glad that I have them
smily_headphones1.gif

I will directly get on the topic: Havi decided to make some final tunings on B6.This will delay its introduction. I dont have an idea how long this will take. Lets hope not too long... They are trying their best.

But I think I can share some impressions on B6's look. Unlike some companies digitally created iem images, Havi shared real photos of the actual item. For me these photos can't reflect the real beauty of this iem. B6 housing is superbly built. In addition I have never seen such a thick yet flexible and soft to touch cable on any iem (no exaggeration here). It's microphonic properties are excellent and never gets tangle. The inner part have 4 separate wires and the outer part is made of Kuraray silk. I have searched the Kuraray company and it is a Japan company which produces synthetic stuff. The outer part of the cable is not like the silk which is used on textile but a synthetic material which gives the similar soft to touch feeling.

Connectors are very robust. I gave them some stress tests and they did the job very well.

BTW: I am not working for the Havi professionally. I am reviewing stuff for companies thats all. BUT: I am a big fan of B3 Pro1 and this shaped the whole situation... (I kow some people may not believe it (work thing) and I don't care).

In the end of this writing I want to remind the memebers a very old post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/2205#post_10848544

"A thread is only valuable because of friends".

Sincerely,

Baycode.

PS: thanks to all friends that supported B6 thread and delivered their good wishes/thoughts.

Hey @Baycode hope you had a good break with your family! Forget the people questioning your relationship with Havi, if the haters aren't hating then you're not doing it right! So you're def doing something right :wink:

I was also frustrated to hear about the delay but I am so happy to see that they are taking feedback into consideration to improve it as @Wokei pointed out earlier. Would rather have it later and be happy rather than earlier and disappointed. Cheers! Looking forward to the photos

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #893 of 1,184
I am back to home from vacation with my lovely wife and 2 daughters and reaching my wifi now. I read the thread from the place where I left (in a fast manner).

I have 2 extra days of holiday but couldn't postpone my reply to Monday as I see the anxiety and curiousness now. I have to say that I feel sorry about the delay. But things like family, leisure time and work shapes a mans life...... and I am glad that I have them
smily_headphones1.gif

"A thread is only valuable because of friends".

Sincerely,

Baycode.

Baycode saves the day.
Can't wait for more pics of the accessories and close-up of the B6 on Monday 
beerchug.gif

Btw can you confirm that Shure and Westone cables fit the B6 connector? I've never seen nor touch a detachable IEM cable with my own body, so just to be safe 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #894 of 1,184
Hi RedJohn456, Rozenberg!

Good to see you friends :)

Any MMCX type connector should work with B6.

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #896 of 1,184
Hi @RedJohn456, @Rozenberg!

Good to see you friends
smily_headphones1.gif

Any MMCX type connector should work with B6.

Good to see you too @Baycode Hope you had fun on your holiday!

Also, can you pass on to Havi that going on their site keeps giving me a message from google about their site being reported for having viruses? Something is up with their site (maybe they were hacked or something). I can't seem to access their site for this reason and I don't want to risk getting a virus

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #897 of 1,184
Good to see you too @Baycode

Hope you had fun on your holiday!

Also, can you pass on to Havi that going on their site keeps giving me a message from google about their site being reported for having viruses? Something is up with their site (maybe they were hacked or something). I can't seem to access their site for this reason and I don't want to risk getting a virus

Thanks! It was good if I don't count the long driving part :/

I already informed them :wink:

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #899 of 1,184
Thanks! It was good if I don't count the long driving part :/

I already informed them
wink.gif

hmm yeah, I remember driving to NY, and it took a good 9 hours and then some! Really helps to have good music for those long drives but that was before I got spotify haha.
Hopefully they also update the site with more info and perhaps some videos with the engineers talking about the product. A lot of brands seem to be doing that and its a nice way to get to see the team. For ex how the engineer at Fidue is quite visible in that respect. My 2 cents for what its worth :wink:  (probably not even 2 cents with the canadian dollar exchange rate :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back