Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,326 of 2,486

if you dont mind slightly frustrating UI; the xDuoo X2 w/ Topping NX1 or Colorfly C3 also w/ NX1 sound like a dream, especially if you shove the xDuoo into 'Rock' EQ preset.

i'm hoping to get an AGPtek H01 in the next week or so, dont think that will need an amp for Havi, supposed to be very powerful on its own.

btw, i'm on my 4th pair of B3's in about 2 years, mine seem to suffer the hairline cracks in the earpiece , which results in a  channel dropping out after a while, not experienced the cable issues you've had.

Now this may just be my ears but I've run my C3 with NX1 and my NX2 but ended up liking the Xduoo XQ-10 just a little more!

But not to forget which thread I'm in this is turned out to be a powerful enough combo for my B3's
blink.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,327 of 2,486

Now this may just be my ears but I've run my C3 with NX1 and my NX2 but ended up liking the Xduoo XQ-10 just a little more!

But not to forget which thread I'm in this is turned out to be a powerful enough combo for my B3's
blink.gif

that xq-10 is ok, it adds a nice sparkle but the toppings really give an extra kick. what do you make of the brainwavz amp, i had one a while ago, didnt rate it, it just gives a very little boost cannae control it .

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #2,329 of 2,486
Just checked mine. Both housings are cracked. Man these things are easy to crack, they're not even my DD!

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2,331 of 2,486
Need for warranty: most wanted...
I bought a pair of Havi B3 Pro1 on Aliexpress less than a year ago. Today I noticed that the cable next to one of the headphones is broken. It still works, the inner cable is ok, but the plastic broke. 
I know that I can't count on the Aliexpress seller for the warranty, but I see on the box of the Havi that they guarantee a one-year warranty.
Yet, all the websites I found on the papers/box (www.havi.hk, www.hava.hk and www.hava.com) do not work or according to google contain malware. 
Has anyone of you found itself in the same situation?

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,332 of 2,486
Need for warranty: most wanted...
I bought a pair of Havi B3 Pro1 on Aliexpress less than a year ago. Today I noticed that the cable next to one of the headphones is broken. It still works, the inner cable is ok, but the plastic broke. 
I know that I can't count on the Aliexpress seller for the warranty, but I see on the box of the Havi that they guarantee a one-year warranty.
Yet, all the websites I found on the papers/box (www.havi.hk, www.hava.hk and www.hava.com) do not work or according to google contain malware. 
Has anyone of you found itself in the same situation?
Also interested in a solution.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #2,333 of 2,486
Also interested in a solution.

I found a couple of emails on the cached website here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20150921122619/http://www.havi.hk/about.asp?id0=9
I'll try writing them. I hope they'll reply, but I won't place much hope in it.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,335 of 2,486
Interestingly in relation to the cracking issue, I checked the other day and mine doesn't have any cracks on either shell. It's been just stashed in my room someplace, not in any special manner, and I haven't listened to it in probably nearly a year. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Just watch, it's probably cracking in its clamshell case as I'm writing this
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,337 of 2,486
Is the Havi B3 pro1 still worth having today considering the rise of Chinese budget iems since its realease? Is it still "that" good?

Depends on what you compare it to. It's still really good in soundstage and bass. I'd pick it over many models costing the same and a few costing overtwice as much, but haven't heard all Chi-Fi that is out there, of course.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #2,338 of 2,486
IMO nothing is like the B3 Pro 1 regardless of price, with the right setup I still feel my B3's can challenge much higher priced iem's:smile: YMMV

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,339 of 2,486
IMO nothing is like the B3 Pro 1 regardless of price, with the right setup I still feel my B3's can challenge much higher priced iem's:smile: YMMV

Amen Tim, I still use the Havi everyday, even though I have much "nicer" iems. It is the one true gem that will never leave my collection. In fact, I am thinking of one day reshelling mine into a CIEM! Or even recabling it to run balanced. Endless possibilities in terms of breathing some new life into it. Not that it needs it of course :wink: 

I hope we see a successor one day!

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,340 of 2,486

Amen Tim, I still use the Havi everyday, even though I have much "nicer" iems. It is the one true gem that will never leave my collection. In fact, I am thinking of one day reshelling mine into a CIEM! Or even recabling it to run balanced. Endless possibilities in terms of breathing some new life into it. Not that it needs it of course :wink: 

I hope we see a successor one day!

Man Tamal if Havi would build the B3 into a CIEM that could keep that super wide sound stage, the depth into the recording and control I'd be all over it even at 4/5 times the B3 price
beerchug.gif
With that thought in mind a ciem like that from Havi would IMHO be putting a major hurt to some of the big boys
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back