Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 3, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #2,296 of 2,486

I've always felt the K7XX to be of the analytical tonality category rather than the natural tonality of the HD600. So that makes it a relatively neutral can with great soundstage. I don't recall any frequencies that felt particularly pronounced or emphasized with the K7XX, so I'd say you're right to keep it in consideration. Perhaps you can put an ad up in the forums to see if anyone is somewhere near enough with a pair you could demo? Good luck either way, the R70X seemed to also be a good choice from the stuff I've seen about it.

That's too bad, I knew they shipped internationally but I guess where you are is an exception.
Yeah, I haven't heard the HE-350 either. On paper, it's a good deal, but I dunno about its sound signature so I wouldn't know if I like it either.

Good to know I'm on the right track, now I just have to try them out, if I can find any.
Thanks for your help sir, and @RedTwilight too.
I feel a lot better now. Cheers! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #2,297 of 2,486
I took the plunge and bought the Havi B3 Pro 2.

Haven't been able to spend much time with them yet, but first impressions are very good. I love the mids on these things and the soundstage is great. Since I'm more of a basshead than a neutral ear, I opted to go for the Pro 2. I cannot compare to the Pro 1, but for me the bass is almost perfect. Perhaps it could do with a slight bit more impact, however that can be EQ'd.

So far so good.

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #2,298 of 2,486
  I took the plunge and bought the Havi B3 Pro 2.

Haven't been able to spend much time with them yet, but first impressions are very good. I love the mids on these things and the soundstage is great. Since I'm more of a basshead than a neutral ear, I opted to go for the Pro 2. I cannot compare to the Pro 1, but for me the bass is almost perfect. Perhaps it could do with a slight bit more impact, however that can be EQ'd.

So far so good.

Woo! I'm not alone 
biggrin.gif
 Glad to hear you're enjoying them.  

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #2,303 of 2,486
I`ve been enjoying my Havi B3 Pro I with the Walnut, what a great synergy these have... 

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2,304 of 2,486
Got the KZ ATE and KZ ZST last week and thought one would dethrone the Havi, but it didn't happen. Still love the Havi, mostly due to the sense of space. In the price range, they're great (Ok, fair, the Havi are pricier than the KZ, but still... given the reputation the KZ got lately)

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,305 of 2,486
  Got the KZ ATE and KZ ZST last week and thought one would dethrone the Havi, but it didn't happen. Still love the Havi, mostly due to the sense of space. In the price range, they're great (Ok, fair, the Havi are pricier than the KZ, but still... given the reputation the KZ got lately)

I never thought they would dethrone the Havi. I always felt the B3P1 is fantastic in its price range. When I saw all the stuff about the KZ, I also felt it probably was fantastic in its price range. And that's where the important distinction is; the price ranges. They can both be their respective bests, but just in different price ranges.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #2,307 of 2,486
Regardless of price range, these are very good earphones. At the moment they are my go to set and in that they're beating more expensive items.

The only small negative I have is the cable. If I compare it to what Vsonic sells at a similar price or even lower, it could've been much better. Too tangle prone.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #2,308 of 2,486
  Regardless of price range, these are very good earphones. At the moment they are my go to set and in that they're beating more expensive items.

The only small negative I have is the cable. If I compare it to what Vsonic sells at a similar price or even lower, it could've been much better. Too tangle prone.

I wasn't too happy about the cable either and VSonic cables at this price are indeed better. But I've also just never been a person who likes flat cables anyway (even if the B3's version isn't even a very good flat cable either).

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2,309 of 2,486
I wasn't too happy about the cable either and VSonic cables at this price are indeed better. But I've also just never been a person who likes flat cables anyway (even if the B3's version isn't even a very good flat cable either).

Hello,

I finally created an account today, but I am not really new to head-fi. I have been following this thread and the original thread(now closed) and subsequently purchased the Havi B3 pro 1 after seeing the hype, and I can say personally that this iem has definitely lived up to the hype.

However I have one huge problem and I'm hoping @peter123 @baycode or @analoguesurvivor or anyone else can help me out please. After using the Havi B3 for about 4-5 months, the flat section of the cable ( from the plug to the split) started to separate into 4 individual cables. Next thing I knew, little cracks appeared on the cable at various sections and it kept spreading, exposing the wires on the inside. I have no idea why this happened as I took decent care of the iem. It didn't affect the sound but eventually the right earbud lost its sound because the copper wires were exposed and started to break. I guess you could say the rubber on the cables 'disintegrated' on its own and broke up into pieces. Shortly before, I had put a silica gel bag inside the case but I don't think that would have caused the issue.

A more practical description - I put a piece of the rubber that came off in my mouth and chewed on it and it just broke up(became grainy) and sort of melted away.

I will repurchase the Havi B3 in a few weeks along with the Topping NX1 amplifier. Previously I listened to them straight from my HTC One M7 and they sounded a bit low on volume and kind of thin at first but I grew to love them and the sound definitely changed (maybe brain burn-in) for the better. The more I listened to them the better they sounded, especially the soundstage. So I am now curious to see what amplification will do since everyone says it NEEDS an amp to be at its best.

However I am worried that the cable issue might reappear. Has anyone else experienced this with the Havi B3 or any other iem/full sized headphone?

If the issue can't be fixed then I will just buy another pair each time it goes bad (yes, I love my B3's that much :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back