Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 17, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #1,877 of 2,486
How does the havi and the Duke compare??

Good question. From my B3 review:

VE the Duke vs Havi B3Pro1:
Compared to the B3Pro1’s the Duke have a smaller soundstage width and more mid-bass presence. Sub-bass extension is pretty similar but the Duke’s got a bit more impact. The Duke also has a lift in the upper mids/ lower highs making them a bit more airy in the top. The Duke has better treble extension, micro details and clarity while the B3’s has more natural voice reproduction as well as better timbre.  

I find both of these equally comfortable but the Duke with its aluminum alloy housings feels more premium.

The Duke’s easier to drive.

Isolation is much better on the Duke.

Check my signature for the whole review. If you'd like me to compare them further just let me know. 
  @Hisoundfi, how much is the universal Aria going to be?

Same as the cusoms IIRC (minus cost for audiologist of course).

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,878 of 2,486

How does the havi and the Duke compare??

Good question. From my B3 review:

VE the Duke vs Havi B3Pro1:
Compared to the B3Pro1’s the Duke have a smaller soundstage width and more mid-bass presence. Sub-bass extension is pretty similar but the Duke’s got a bit more impact. The Duke also has a lift in the upper mids/ lower highs making them a bit more airy in the top. The Duke has better treble extension, micro details and clarity while the B3’s has more natural voice reproduction as well as better timbre.  

I find both of these equally comfortable but the Duke with its aluminum alloy housings feels more premium.

The Duke’s easier to drive.

Isolation is much better on the Duke.

Check my signature for the whole review. If you'd like me to compare them further just let me know. 
  @Hisoundfi, how much is the universal Aria going to be?

Same as the cusoms IIRC (minus cost for audiologist of course).

I am a huge fan of the VE brand, Ill wait to see if they ever make a Duke 2.0. Im extremely pleased with the havi's right now.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,879 of 2,486
  I am a huge fan of the VE brand, Ill wait to see if they ever make a Duke 2.0. Im extremely pleased with the havi's right now.

I'm a VE fan myself and I've gotta say that the performance from the Duke is top notch so even if they decide to do a 2.0 or not it's still a very worthy IEM in my opinion. It's a very revealing and realistic sounding IEM that's still able to maintain enough fun factor to avoid getting boring. 

Edit: I can easily understand the the Havi keeps you pleased though 
gs1000.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #1,880 of 2,486

I'm a VE fan myself and I've gotta say that the performance from the Duke is top notch so even if they decide to do a 2.0 or not it's still a very worthy IEM in my opinion. It's a very revealing and realistic sounding IEM that's still able to maintain enough fun factor to avoid getting boring. 

Edit: I can easily understand the the Havi keeps you pleased though 
gs1000.gif

One of my favorite iems was the FXD80 which actually led to me finding out about the VE company. I found out that i am allergic to nickel and the FXD80 contains that in the metal. I ended up getting the Zen 2.0 and skipping the Duke because of my fear of my nickel allergy. The fxd80 had such amazing micro details, I could hear so much in recordings i had never heard before. That lead me to investigate the world of micro drivers. When i realized that the Havi had dual micro drivers i was sold. I think micro drivers are amazing but having two of them fills in the gaps that the fxd80 had(weak mid range). I would love to see the Duke 2.0 with detachable cables, dual drivers and surgical steal :) *cough* @zhibli06 but seriously Mr. lee  does not need any suggestions, that guy makes the most amazing products. The could all be colored hot pink and i would still wear them proudly... hahaha.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,881 of 2,486

One of my favorite iems was the FXD80 which actually led to me finding out about the VE company. I found out that i am allergic to nickel and the FXD80 contains that in the metal. I ended up getting the Zen 2.0 and skipping the Duke because of my fear of my nickel allergy. The fxd80 had such amazing micro details, I could hear so much in recordings i had never heard before. That lead me to investigate the world of micro drivers. When i realized that the Havi had dual micro drivers i was sold. I think micro drivers are amazing but having two of them fills in the gaps that the fxd80 had(weak mid range). I would love to see the Duke 2.0 with detachable cables, dual drivers and surgical steal :) *cough* @zhibli06 but seriously Mr. lee  does not need any suggestions, that guy makes the most amazing products. The could all be colored hot pink and i would still wear them proudly... hahaha.

I hear you, I'm also a big fan over microdrivers (as you can tell from my top 4 where three out of four are microdrivers). After hearing the extreme difference in tuning between the Duke and the Rockets I'm quite confindent that one microdriver could (and can) be tuned to sound extremely good across the whole frequency spectra on its own. 

To really go OT: I was a part of the European tour leg for the single BA FA Veaven VII and after hearing what they've done with only one BA driver in that IEM my whole perspective of what kind of and how many drivers the producers uses changed and I'm now confident that know how and tuning is way more important than the number and type of drivers they use.......

Sorry about going OT here, I love my Havi's 
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,882 of 2,486

I hear you, I'm also a big fan over microdrivers (as you can tell from my top 4 where three out of four are microdrivers). After hearing the extreme difference in tuning between the Duke and the Rockets I'm quite confindent that one microdriver could (and can) be tuned to sound extremely good across the whole frequency spectra on its own. 

To really go OT: I was a part of the European tour leg for the single BA FA Veaven VII and after hearing what they've done with only one BA driver in that IEM my whole perspective of what kind of and how many drivers the producers uses changed and I'm now confident that know how and tuning is way more important than the number and type of drivers they use.......

Sorry about going OT here, I love my Havi's 
biggrin.gif

Wonderful information! 

I also apologize about going off topic!!!!!!!! 

Who ever is reading this, Havi's are well worth the money :)

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #1,883 of 2,486
My unit has the crack issue as well. Right side has developed pretty bad imbalance as well (sounds like one of the drivers may have failed) :frowning2:  very disappointed especially considering that is still one of my most beloved headphones. I absolutely babied the unit and it was always stored in a case as well. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #1,885 of 2,486
  I also wanted to add that I picked up a iPhone 5S to use as a DAP exclusively and it pairs VERY well with the Havi. In fact well enough that I dont feel the need to amp it for convenience sake.

I do have an iPhone 5S and also the Havi. I like them better when connected to my Oppo HA-2.
smile.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #1,886 of 2,486
My unit has the crack issue as well. Right side has developed pretty bad imbalance as well (sounds like one of the drivers may have failed) :frowning2:  very disappointed especially considering that is still one of my most beloved headphones. I absolutely babied the unit and it was always stored in a case as well. 

How old is yours? Newer batch ?

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #1,888 of 2,486
Hi I read somewhere that b3 pro 1 has a little channel imbalance.Is it still has it anyone who recently purchased it experienced it?

FWIW I've got one pair Pro2 and two pairs Pro1 and although I've never measured any of them they have no audible imbalance......

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,889 of 2,486
Hi I read somewhere that b3 pro 1 has a little channel imbalance.Is it still has it anyone who recently purchased it experienced it?

After research I found that the old pro 1(that came in the plastic square case thing had the weird imbalance problems.if yours did not have this it was the updated fixed model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back