Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 17, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #1,891 of 2,486

Hi I read somewhere that b3 pro 1 has a little channel imbalance.Is it still has it anyone who recently purchased it experienced it?

After research I found that the old pro 1(that came in the plastic square case thing had the weird imbalance problems.if yours did not have this it was the updated fixed model.

How about some pics for everyone please?

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,893 of 2,486
Hi.....i am buying this earphones and i am really excited about the big soundstage people keep talking about in this thread.......can anyone tell me how would they match with classical and jazz music? ....and if people posting regularly on this thread can answer this question that would be great :- Is there any quality control issues going on which i should look before buying or any other different version should i get? Thanks and have a nice day 
L3000.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,894 of 2,486
  Hi.....i am buying this earphones and i am really excited about the big soundstage people keep talking about in this thread.......can anyone tell me how would they match with classical and jazz music? ....and if people posting regularly on this thread can answer this question that would be great :- Is there any quality control issues going on which i should look before buying or any other different version should i get? Thanks and have a nice day 
L3000.gif

Hi ,

I think you will find that they work very well with classical and jazz music , the spaciousness you get with the Havis works really well capturing the spaciousness and detail which is inherent with these 2 genres of music.
the only thing that seems to affect a lot of the Havi owners club is the small crack that appears in the housing , this is sorted with a bit of superglue :wink:

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,895 of 2,486

Hi ,

I think you will find that they work very well with classical and jazz music , the spaciousness you get with the Havis works really well capturing the spaciousness and detail which is inherent with these 2 genres of music.
the only thing that seems to affect a lot of the Havi owners club is the small crack that appears in the housing , this is sorted with a bit of superglue :wink:

thanks for your impressions and telling me about the issue....i would not mind if the crack wont effect the built quality to the point of affecting sound.....actually i had Vsonic vsd3 earlier and the sound got cut off after 2-3 months due to wire, so i have to replace it twice....i just want to make sure this earphone does not have that problem before i buy....

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,896 of 2,486
thanks for your impressions and telling me about the issue....i would not mind if the crack wont effect the built quality to the point of affecting sound.....actually i had Vsonic vsd3 earlier and the sound got cut off after 2-3 months due to wire, so i have to replace it twice....i just want to make sure this earphone does not have that problem before i buy....

Most classical music is not multi microphone recorded which I find doesn't become very spacious with the Havis. The natural sound though makes it a pleasure to listen to classical.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #1,897 of 2,486
@Hisoundfi
, how much is the universal Aria going to be?
The universal is going to be the same price. They are the same building process, using 3d printed shells and hand carved wood faceplates. Same drivers and cables, same case etc.

The custom is the same price plus whatever it costs the customer to get impressions and mail them to Luke.

Hey guys I feel like I'm derailing this thread so I'm going to start a thread for the Aria later.

Sorry fellas, Long live the Havi!

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #1,899 of 2,486
They should be cheaper there is lot of skilled manual work thats required for customs, which is not needed for universals.
No there's not.

It's basically the same. 3d printed shells with plates. Luke said the universal is more expensive and harder to produce than the custom.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #1,900 of 2,486
The universal is going to be the same price. They are the same building process, using 3d printed shells and hand carved wood faceplates. Same drivers and cables, same case etc.

The custom is the same price plus whatever it costs the customer to get impressions and mail them to Luke.

Hey guys I feel like I'm derailing this thread so I'm going to start a thread for the Aria later.

Sorry fellas, Long live the Havi!

Too bad Vibro can't directly tap on UE's ear scan data. Would probably lead to a fairly lossless (hurr) impression transfer.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,902 of 2,486
I wanted to retract my previous post about my havi having an issue. Even though the net looked clean on close inspection, after removing it, the sound was back to normal levels and not reduced on the right side. So its all good in the hood as it were. 

Lesson to be learned here is that even if the net or mesh looks clean, try removing it to see if it helps! 

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,903 of 2,486
I truly appreciate having the Havi now.. I've just auditioned headphones from the $150-$400 range (PM3, L2, X2, AD700x, R70x, Vmoda 100, and the custom one plus) and aside from the R70x, I did not hear any improvement from the Havi (sound wise). Staging and separatiom are another thing..

This is truly a keeper hehe!

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #1,904 of 2,486
  I wanted to retract my previous post about my havi having an issue. Even though the net looked clean on close inspection, after removing it, the sound was back to normal levels and not reduced on the right side. So its all good in the hood as it were. 

Lesson to be learned here is that even if the net or mesh looks clean, try removing it to see if it helps! 

Keep a close eye on those buggers tho… I was cleaning the screen on mine, which then fell out. Damn near didn't find it.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #1,905 of 2,486

What a "mesh" LOL. Glad you like them again. They have a very peasant light-but right bass, slight forward treble and mid sound which I think is the key to clear and enjoyable music across all themes I listen to. I think they pair really well with Cypherlabs, Aune B1 and the C&C the best of my portable amps. They are larger except the C&C but at the same time the Havi loves power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back