Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,848 of 2,486
  Can anyone here compare the Havi B3 Pro to the VSonic VSD3S? I am currently going back and forth between the two and can not decide which to get.

Original Posted by ljokerl

The VSD3S has an advantage in efficiency over the B3, though not nearly to the same extent as the KC06. Its sound is more v-shaped overall, making the B3 Pro seem mid-centric in comparison. The VSD3S has more bass, especially deep bass, whereas the B3 misses out on the rumble and more solid “thump” of the VSonic unit. In the midrange, the B3 has more presence but also sounds a little thinner. The more forward mids make vocals sound more intelligible compared to the slightly more mid-recessed VSonic. The VSD3S has stronger treble presence but also sounds more sibilant next to the fairly smooth Havi. Overall, the single-driver VSonic set appears to have better bandwidth, and while the B3 has a nicely open and spacious sound with good imaging, it can’t quite match the dynamics of the VSD3S.

I did manage write my own comparison then I found this review, he said anything that I have in mind (that my English is not that good to describe). In my own opinion, you can enjoy more songs in your playlist with the VSD3S with its V-shaped signature than B3's neutral, but it is more "cleaner", more relaxing and you can feel more what happened in the stage of the song with B3's amazing soundstage and imagine.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,849 of 2,486

I did manage write my own comparison then I found this review, he said anything that I have in mind (that my English is not that good to describe). In my own opinion, you can enjoy more songs in your playlist with the VSD3S with its V-shaped signature than B3's neutral, but it is more "cleaner", more relaxing and you can feel more what happened in the stage of the song with B3's amazing soundstage and imagine.

Ok thanks.

Can anyone here compare the Havi B3 Pro 1 with the ATH-IM50 from audio technica?

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #1,850 of 2,486
Thanks, thats a relief :)

I think I read about b6 somewhere, any news on it?
Is it better if Im saving up and just wait for b6?

No news on the B6 afaik.

Can anyone here compare the Havi B3 Pro to the VSonic VSD3S? I am currently going back and forth between the two and can not decide which to get.

If you've got a powerful source the B3 is clearly superior to the vsd3s in my opinion. See my answer in the vsd3 thread for the looong story :wink:

Ok thanks.

Can anyone here compare the Havi B3 Pro 1 with the ATH-IM50 from audio technica?

I've never heard the im50 (I do own the im70 though) but I'm still certain that the B3 will have a much better soundstage and the im50 a lot more bass presence.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #1,851 of 2,486
Ok thanks.

Havi B3 has thinner midrange, less mid-bass and subbass. Treble has more presence and extension. It is much more airy and has wider soundstage. Details come out better on B3.

ATH-IM50 has more upfront mids, thicker, more mid-bass and subbass. Vocals carry more weight on IM50 thus more realistic. Treble isn't too much present as in the B3 and doesn't extend like B3 but it is still detailed and airy though much better on Havi B3.

They both have different sound signatures. So if you like thicker midrange with big and powerful bass then IM50 will suit you best.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,853 of 2,486
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,854 of 2,486
Oh why :frowning2:
I was excited knowing the possibility of b6
guess I'll get b3 for now

sorry if its weird, but I really dont know
is it possible to get thicker mid without being bassy?
my cans are neutral but leaning to bright

Yes it's possible but I haven't come across that kind of tuning in any budget (sub $100) IEM......

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,855 of 2,486
Try earbuds like the VE monks if you want that feeling

earbuds aren't really my thing but thanks for the suggestion though
but giving it a try won't hurt, I will when I have chance

Yes it's possible but I haven't come across that kind of tuning in any budget (sub $100) IEM......

anything you have in mind?
maybe I can put it in my wishlist if its exceed my current budget

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #1,856 of 2,486

That's what they all say... Before trying the Monks....

I think I'm gonna get a replacement pair.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #1,857 of 2,486

Monk is the real thing and the best buy ever for my audiophile needs. I was like you thinking how can an earbud be so good as the reviews say however the Monk made me neglect my IEMs. Buy one before it is out of stock. :wink:

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,858 of 2,486

If you're looking for IEM's check out the Auriosonics Rockets. I've you can choose earbuds the Monk is most definately worth a try.

Actually the Soundmagic E80 has quite forward and full liquid mids. They're nowhere near being as thick as the Rockets  though........

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #1,860 of 2,486

That's what they all say... Before trying the Monks....

I think I'm gonna get a replacement pair.

Monk is the real thing and the best buy ever for my audiophile needs. I was like you thinking how can an earbud be so good as the reviews say however the Monk made me neglect my IEMs. Buy one before it is out of stock.
wink.gif

If you're looking for IEM's check out the Auriosonics Rockets. I've you can choose earbuds the Monk is most definately worth a try.

Actually the Soundmagic E80 has quite forward and full liquid mids. They're nowhere near being as thick as the Rockets  though........

thanks peter, I will check rockets and e80 then

my problem is I had a bad experience with earbuds, I never get them to fit in my ears
unless I use them over ear and push them hard into my ears, and make my ears hurt after a while
that was why I gave up on earbuds, maybe my ears are just too small, or maybe I didn't use them properly (?) I don't know

I want to try monk the first time I know about it, its just I had a doubt if it will fit in my ears
now that a lot of you recommending monk, it makes me even more curious
but if I can fit monk into my ears properly, I will give it a try for sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back