Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #2,641 of 4,032
Lol, please take the next watch. I'm on my way to the airport now for a 15 hour flight
frown.gif

Holy, 15 hour flight? Where you are going? This is the time you can actually spend more time with your phones 
tongue.gif
 Have a safe flight m8

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2,645 of 4,032
mochill you seem like you have the most iems.  if I was going to decide to spend $200 to upgrade from my havi which I love..  I was looking at audio technica ckr9.. do you have any advice on other models I should consider?  I don't like bright iems with harsh treble I guess I Prefer a darker signature and I like mids and bass balanced with each other.. I really like havi with the short senn double flange tips.  I listen to some acoustic type stuff but also a little bit of edm so bass can't be weak
edit:  or should I save up more and get some kind of entry level 2 driver ciem?  like Custom Art music two?

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #2,646 of 4,032
  mochill you seem like you have the most iems.  if I was going to decide to spend $200 to upgrade from my havi which I love..  I was looking at audio technica ckr9.. do you have any advice on other models I should consider?  I don't like bright iems with harsh treble I guess I Prefer a darker signature and I like mids and bass balanced with each other.. I really like havi with the short senn double flange tips.  I listen to some acoustic type stuff but also a little bit of edm so bass can't be weak
edit:  or should I save up more and get some kind of entry level 2 driver ciem?  like Custom Art music two?

I seriously doubt that the ckr9s will be harsh for you, as burn-in had them smooth up to the point where you want a little more sparkle.

Ask earfonia and ercip10 if you want to know which $200 earphone reigns supreme for your signature.

I will tell you this. 

The audio technica ckr9s are competitive against a hybrid called Sony Xba-H3. It has similar bass quantity (less than it to be honest), but has the power and authority to have the same quantity as the H3s at times. The bass is all quality, and controlled that you will not lose microdetails. The highs are the most accurate as well, while the mids are also forwarded in a sense of intimacy and quality. 

If you do not like forwarded mids, this is not for you. Sony xba-h3s have this recessed mids in its signature in comparison, which you might as well buy the SIDY to see if it is in your taste as it is not that recessed from some headfiers.

I'd say audition them first, then decide. If not, then I strongly encourage that you research a little more before deiciding.

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #2,647 of 4,032
I JUST got my first iem in years and years, the havi and my first portable amp the e11k so I'm just in the research phase now :p  I really like the havi though, especially with senn short biflange, it really amped up the bass and reduced treble for me but I do notice the mids are a little less special than when i Used the white umbrella style uniflange
IEMs are fun!  I was pretty bored of my full size modded t50rp setup so it's cool to learn about another type of headphone.

Is there a big jump between quality going from havi b3 to ckr9 price level?  or would I be better off saving up $500 for entry level ciem?

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #2,648 of 4,032
  I JUST got my first iem in years and years, the havi and my first portable amp the e11k so I'm just in the research phase now :p  I really like the havi though, especially with senn short biflange, it really amped up the bass and reduced treble for me but I do notice the mids are a little less special than when i Used the white umbrella style uniflange
IEMs are fun!  I was pretty bored of my full size modded t50rp setup so it's cool to learn about another type of headphone.

Is there a big jump between quality going from havi b3 to ckr9 price level?  or would I be better off saving up $500 for entry level ciem?

There should be a big jump.

Ask exesteils for a small comparison about them. He heard both.

Ask wokei for comparisons, he heard both.

Ask Ericp10, DannyBai, and Dsnuts as they have both.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #2,649 of 4,032
Peter is going to USA...iirc...lol

Yep, California. Changing flight now and are texting while running to the connecting flight :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back