Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2,612 of 4,032
Finally got my set of B3's. I know many people say they're better with an amp, but honestly, even without an amp they're very good! A little power hungry sure (iPod Touch 5th Gen volume slider at half), but they sound fantastic!

I would say a powerful DAP is enough. They sound pretty good straight from the FiiO X5. In my case I did not justify adding the E12 for the Havis.

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #2,614 of 4,032
  Not gonna get much better than this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1170#post_10661732

Lol that was the post that led me straight to this thread and eventually the havis. 
L3000.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,615 of 4,032
Lol that was the post that led me straight to this thread and eventually the havis. 
L3000.gif

The Havi IMO aren't better than the VSD3S, they're different in many ways, better in some ways and not better in others

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #2,616 of 4,032

L3000.gif

The Havi IMO aren't better than the VSD3S, they're different in many ways, better in some ways and not better in others

Please elaborate? I read Peter's post, but I would like a few more opinions before deciding. So far I'm leaning towards the Havi, because the only comparisons seem to think they are ultimately better.

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #2,620 of 4,032

Please elaborate? I read Peter's post, but I would like a few more opinions before deciding. So far I'm leaning towards the Havi, because the only comparisons seem to think they are ultimately better.

The two are excellent for their price. What swayed me to get the havi was my personal preference. 
I am not that big on bass. Not to say that the havis are lacking. When the track calls for it, they deliver.
The vsd3/s from consensus have more impact and presence though some say a bit slower.
The mids of the havi though tend to be a bit dry, and a tad thin sounding, but in no way recessed.
Imaging and soundstage are the strengths of the havis, that and its neutral sound.
They do however require an amp to sound their best.. The vsonics are easier to drive.

Goodluck picking! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #2,621 of 4,032
Good results with Havi tied to DX50 / JDS C421 since a tip change.

While I think they sounded great from the Studio V I think switching out the Heir tips to large red core (ones provided) are a better match / fit for me. 

Can trick you into thinking you're listening to a full-size headphones sometimes.

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #2,622 of 4,032
  Good results with Havi tied to DX50 / JDS C421 since a tip change.

While I think they sounded great from the Studio V I think switching out the Heir tips to large red core (ones provided) are a better match / fit for me. 

Can trick you into thinking you're listening to a full-size headphones sometimes.

Bro, you're slow!

The new sidy sjp800 Is where it's at!

It has the same if not better soundstaging than the havis! - Quote from mochill.

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #2,623 of 4,032
  Bro, you're slow!

The new sidy sjp800 Is where it's at!

It has the same if not better soundstaging than the havis! - Quote from mochill.

mochills the man, I will check them out.... 
wink.gif
 Where are you guys getting them, Penon?

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #2,624 of 4,032

mochills the man, I will check them out.... 
wink.gif
 Where are you guys getting them, Penon?

Most likely in penon.

If mochill can verify, I found this version of the SIDY.

http://penonaudio.com/Earphones/In-ear-earphone/SAIJIANPU-SJP800?sort=rating&order=ASC

The look of the earphones in a google search actually looks like this.

He also states that the new hifiman ES buds have the same if not better staging than the havis.

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #2,625 of 4,032
  Most likely in penon.

If mochill can verify, I found this version of the SIDY.

http://penonaudio.com/Earphones/In-ear-earphone/SAIJIANPU-SJP800?sort=rating&order=ASC

The look of the earphones in a google search actually looks like this.

He also states that the new hifiman ES buds have the same if not better staging than the havis.

I'll wait for him to confirm, if it's them this weeks budget can stretch that far. 

Meanwhile, I'm having a hard time deciding between Havi and VSD3S, but they'tre both allocated different sources which complicates things.

I must say, even though I own higher end hybrids and IEM, I still have just as much fun in the lower - mid tier.

Especially recently with all these gems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back