Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2,626 of 4,032

I'll wait for him to confirm, if it's them this weeks budget can stretch that far. 

Meanwhile, I'm having a hard time deciding between Havi and VSD3S, but they'tre both allocated different sources which complicates things.

I must say, even though I own higher end hybrids and IEM, I still have just as much fun in the lower - mid tier.

Especially recently with all these gems.

You were pretty set on the VSd3s a couple of days ago. Care to elaborate? :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2,627 of 4,032

You were pretty set on the VSd3s a couple of days ago. Care to elaborate? :)

They're both good. 
wink.gif
 I can tell you it's pretty even between them. I think I prefer VSD3S natural timbre, though remember I run them from a Colorfly C3. When you put Havi with the DX50 / JDS C421 rig it's not a fair fight.  

But Havi with Studio V & VSD3S with Colorfly C3 they're about neck and neck.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #2,628 of 4,032

I'll wait for him to confirm, if it's them this weeks budget can stretch that far. 

Meanwhile, I'm having a hard time deciding between Havi and VSD3S, but they'tre both allocated different sources which complicates things.

I must say, even though I own higher end hybrids and IEM, I still have just as much fun in the lower - mid tier.

Especially recently with all these gems.

I just read this.

Only gold color for sjp800 from penonaudio, damn they both are great :smiley: , sjp800 requires havi b3 pro 1 level power and never distort and that is crazy . Bass is similar to the havi and midrange is same but treble is slightly less in db so for people sensitive to treble these will be awesome and soundstage is as big if not bigger and that is the impression without burn in :sunglasses:

He did not name it SIDY anymore.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #2,629 of 4,032
Please elaborate? I read Peter's post, but I would like a few more opinions before deciding. So far I'm leaning towards the Havi, because the only comparisons seem to think they are ultimately better.

It's actually as easy as if you like a more neutral sound get the Havi and if you prefer a more colored sound get the vsd3s. The Havi is technically superior but that doesn't stop the vsd3s from being good. I know you read my comparison and it's of course subjective but I think the above statement would be backed from anybody who has heard both.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #2,630 of 4,032
It's actually as easy as if you like a more neutral sound get the Havi and if you prefer a more colored sound get the vsd3s. The Havi is technically superior but that doesn't stop the vsd3s from being good. I know you read my comparison and it's of course subjective but I think the above statement would be backed from anybody who has heard both.

I haven't even heard both but I trust peter's ears enough to back this up. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #2,631 of 4,032
Krelianx:

If you're deciding to buy listen to Peter above, he's right on the money.

Sorry I thought you were just poking around asking why I switched from VSD3S to Havi.

Just a daily routine here, different IEM etc..... 

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #2,634 of 4,032
I haven't even heard both but I trust peter's ears enough to back this up. :)

Krelianx:

Sorry I thought you were just poking around asking why I switched from VSD3S to Havi.

Thanks for the support guys :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #2,636 of 4,032
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #2,638 of 4,032

Excellent. Since I intend to use these primarily out of an iphone, I assume the vsd3s are a better choice. I don't have plans to switch players or get a portable amplifier for now. I have my Aune T1 running a Fidelio X1 and a Hd-600s, so enough spent.

They're both good. 
wink.gif
 I can tell you it's pretty even between them. I think I prefer VSD3S natural timbre, though remember I run them from a Colorfly C3. When you put Havi with the DX50 / JDS C421 rig it's not a fair fight.  

But Havi with Studio V & VSD3S with Colorfly C3 they're about neck and neck.

Krelianx:

Thanks! I already placed my order for the vsd3s. I do like neutrality and soundstage, so that gave me a bit of doubt. But having heard that without amplification the Havis suffer in comparison, I'm happy with my decision.

So, just one more thing: you are saying that properly amped the Havi's are significantly better?

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #2,639 of 4,032
  So, just one more thing: you are saying that properly amped the Havi's are significantly better?

What I meant was:

DX50 + good amp (almost $400) is always going to pull away from a Colorfly C3 ($100). So it's not fair to compare them.

But in short a well amped Havi does pull away slightly for me.

You will be very happy with VSD3S, they're absolutely great,  if you have any spare change I highly recommend the Colorfly C3 for them.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #2,640 of 4,032
Just curious ...what gears you'll be using on this 15 hours trip ? ...Do tell

I just realised that I forget to bring my X3, bummer :frowning2:

I've brought the Dolphins, VSD3S and Brainwavz S5 and got the lap top with the GO720 and my phone but I'll guess I'll need to watch some movies as well.

Excellent. Since I intend to use these primarily out of an iphone, I assume the vsd3s are a better choice. I don't have plans to switch players or get a portable amplifier for now. I have my Aune T1 running a Fidelio X1 and a Hd-600s, so enough spent.

Thanks! I already placed my order for the vsd3s. I do like neutrality and soundstage, so that gave me a bit of doubt. But having heard that without amplification the Havis suffer in comparison, I'm happy with my decision.

With a phone as source you made the right choice, the VSD3S are very easy to drive.

Yes, to me the Havi's are significantly better with an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back