Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,657 of 4,032
Cheaper option is the new sidy dgs100 which I recommend :smiley:

and an even cheaper option, VSD3 (VSD3S is brighter, while VSD3 is warmer and smoother).

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #2,660 of 4,032
Yep, California. Changing flight now and are texting while running to the connecting flight
wink.gif

Have a safe trip! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #2,661 of 4,032
I have no idea if this is appropriate or not, but I've been lurking for months now and I'm itching to know what the Pro-1 sounds like in person. If anyone here is in the LA area (Peter?), I'm practically begging to demo it. I already use an AD900x equalized by ear to neutrality, because I like large soundstage, but I don't have an IEM equivalent, which if I did would be a very convenient for me to use in this heat. 

First, I'm holding back on purchasing because I haven't seen any real measurements of these, and second, though probably more importantly, I haven't even heard these at all, and it's so new and obscure that no one in the area would have it. That's why I'm resorting to finally sucking up my pride and asking you guys.

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,667 of 4,032
  I have no idea if this is appropriate or not, but I've been lurking for months now and I'm itching to know what the Pro-1 sounds like in person. If anyone here is in the LA area (Peter?), I'm practically begging to demo it. I already use an AD900x equalized by ear to neutrality, because I like large soundstage, but I don't have an IEM equivalent, which if I did would be a very convenient for me to use in this heat. 

First, I'm holding back on purchasing because I haven't seen any real measurements of these, and second, though probably more importantly, I haven't even heard these at all, and it's so new and obscure that no one in the area would have it. That's why I'm resorting to finally sucking up my pride and asking you guys.

I'd honestly say just go for it. I'm a college student (so broke naturally
tongue_smile.gif
) and $60 is certainly worth it to me without a doubt. These should retail near at least the $100 mark based on sound quality. They have a very balanced sound signature and the instrument separation and detail levels are top-notch-and-beyond for this price range. I'd go so far as to say they're my IEM equivalent of the Sennheiser HD558s I have. Being an IEM, the soundstage doesn't quite match up to full-size headphones, but what it does manage is pretty impressive. If you really must test them out first though, then good luck with finding someone! In a place with so many people, there's GOTTA be someone out there who can lend you a set to sound test right?

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #2,668 of 4,032
  Just got to wait until the funds roll in at the end of the month. I just hope my fun with the new toy won't make me bomb my courses.

I have the same reservation haha. Too much in the music, not enough in the studying. Where are you buying from when you have the funds? I got mine from Penon, but I know that for about $65, there's an Amazon Prime fulfilled one so you could get it in 2 days if you have Prime. The one week mine took to ship from China (which was super quick but still felt like a long time), I was just waiting for them and checking the tracking on it every day haha. Now that I've been using them for the past couple of days, I'm not the least bit disappointed.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #2,670 of 4,032
Received my Havi B3 Pro 1 three days ago. Bought from Lend me ur ears and they took 30 days to get to Brazil, no taxes.

Brief impressions and comparison between them and the DT 770 pro 250 ohm velour pads. I know it is unusual to compare IEM to full-size headphones, but this is something I was curious about before getting an IEM and it is a rare comparison, so here it goes:

1. Amping: Almost as hard to drive. Using them both from fiio e10k, I need 2 more dots on the DT 770 to achieve the same volume. The Havi works fine out of a Samsung Galaxy S4. They do sound a little better on the fiio e10k, but I don't think it's worth any extra money on an amp if your source can drive them.
2. Soundstage: The DT 770 is more airy and has a bigger soundstage. Not a huge diference.
3. Frequency Response: DT 770 sounds more natural, vocals are clearer. Havi sounds darker with a recessed treble compared to the DT 770. The mids and bass are kind of similar. Maybe this can be considered neutral, but I find the DT 770 closer to neutral.
4. Sound Style: I am not sure how to describe this, but I feel like the instruments on the Havi "connect" better. Maybe this is what they call a smooth sound?
5. Equalization: I need to use EQ with the Havi B3, since I find it a little dark. I have messed with the EQ settings and there is no way to make it sound like the DT 770. So EQ can make things similar, but not equal.
6. Isolation: Havi B3 wins here.
7. Comfort: Obviously this goes to the DT 770.
8. Build Quality: DT 770 is a tank. Havi B3 feels like a really professional product, but no tank. If I were to pay more for them, let's say a hundred bucks, I would expect more.
9. Ear tips: The Havi came with a lot of different tips. Only the small ones are good for me. At first they hurt my ears but now they are comfortable. Adaptation.
10. Bang for buck: Havi B3.
11. Which do I prefer: DT 770. Bought the Havi to use on the go.

And sorry for me english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back