Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #2,672 of 4,032
Hi, @Hisoundfi @twister6  @mochill  @bhazard  and everyone else that has DGS100 and Havis,do you believe i will better of in terms of sound quality ,clarity and details in mids ,with the DGS100 or Fiio X1 with Havis will be better improvement??? Plz reply if you can,im confused.Ive never had good DAP so i dont know how much a good DAP improves things,my only good one is the Sony E384 wich is in the medium range i think.

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #2,674 of 4,032
  Hi, @Hisoundfi @twister6  @mochill  @bhazard  and everyone else that has DGS100 and Havis,do you believe i will better of in terms of sound quality ,clarity and details in mids ,with the DGS100 or Fiio X1 with Havis will be better improvement??? Plz reply if you can,im confused.Ive never had good DAP so i dont know how much a good DAP improves things,my only good one is the Sony E384 wich is in the medium range i think.

Are you asking if X1 will sound better with DGS100 or B3 Pro I?  B3 Pro I is my call.  X1 is a bit on a warm side, which not going to enhance DGS100 sound signature, while provide more improvement with Havi to bring up more bass.

Yeah, I have been eyeballing A17 as well, but at a price of 3x as much as X1 and no LO that's a big drawback...

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2,676 of 4,032

Are you asking if X1 will sound better with DGS100 or B3 Pro I?  B3 Pro I is my call.  X1 is a bit on a warm side, which not going to enhance DGS100 sound signature, while provide more improvement with Havi to bring up more bass.

Yeah, I have been eyeballing A17 as well, but at a price of 3x as much as X1 and no LO that's a big drawback...

Im asking if Havis will have better SQ with X1 then my Sony E384+Topping NX1 and because i hear metal,alternative rock and rock and im crazy for clarity and details of guitars if its better instead of the X1 to buy the DGS100?
The upgrade of Havis by the X1 it will be big or small?Im guessing the SQ of Sony is on par with Sansa Clip Rockboxed???

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2,677 of 4,032
  Yup, that's what I plan on. I know about the amazon thing as well, but since it's from a warehouse in the US, I'm not so sure it's going to be the exact same package as if I ordered directly (I'm mainly thinking about the tips here).

Good point. You do see exactly what you're getting from Penon. And it's doesn't take as long even as Penon quotes. They say to expect to get it in 2-3 weeks, but it only took just over a week to get mine. All considered, it's pretty quick shipping.

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #2,678 of 4,032
  Good results with Havi tied to DX50 / JDS C421 since a tip change.

While I think they sounded great from the Studio V I think switching out the Heir tips to large red core (ones provided) are a better match / fit for me. 

Can trick you into thinking you're listening to a full-size headphones sometimes.

thats exactly what i said in my review as well. these guys are pretty magical

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2,679 of 4,032
I haven't been listening to these things at all yet with any sort of amp and even then, I think they're extremely good. I don't expect to find a pair of IEMs with the same soundstage as a half-decent set of open cans (HD 558s in my case), but these are quite high up there, certainly almost as good, which is amazing to realize. I dunno what Havi did, but man did they do it right. The stock red core tips have been best to me in fit and comfort.

Sep 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #2,680 of 4,032

thats exactly what i said in my review as well. these guys are pretty magical

Yes, I'm having an absolute ball with Havi since tip rolling and using DX50 / JDS C421.

These things can seriously get up and go!

I was doing some tip rolling last night and the soundstage was altering all kinds of widths, there's one tip that makes the stage absolutely huge in width though gives too much emphasis in the upper mid at the same time. I ended up settling on the large grey / red stem supplied in the Havi kit.

Tips tips tips.....

Super wide soundstage tips. (I'll try and find them on eBay again, they were cheap, about 30 tips for $4 but a long time ago)

Where we ended up.

Also, I'll give you guys another 'free' album I enjoy with Havi while laying down in the dark....

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/absence-of-gravity

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,682 of 4,032
  ^That's smart. I should get a case like that for my tips. Starting to accumulate too many of them :p

You can find them here for about $4-$5 some even cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=plastic+storage+case&_frs=1

I also have two Chinese take away containers full, but they're mostly S/M which don't fit and contain spares to restock the two storage containers.

if there's one thing you accumulate over time here on Head-fi Its an assortment of ear tips.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #2,683 of 4,032

You can find them here for about $4-$5 some even cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=plastic+storage+case&_frs=1

I also have two Chinese take away containers full, but they're mostly S/M which don't fit and contain spares to restock the two storage containers.

if there's one thing you accumulate over time here on Head-fi Its an assortment of ear tips.

Awesome, thanks for the link!

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,685 of 4,032

Users who are viewing this thread

Back