Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #676 of 4,032
Hmmm they're still sibilant with an iBasso D-Zero DAC and an S3 source. I turned off the EQ doing this and turning it on to flat, now it's slightly better but wooooooow the soundstage. I'm curious, is this like a tradeoff? wide SS for sibilance? I remember my Beyer DT990 Pros being like this too. Overall, I'm quite pleased although they're quite diff from the Shure SE215's which I guess will keep for now. Great buy @ $50!!

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #677 of 4,032
  Hmmm they're still sibilant with an iBasso D-Zero DAC and an S3 source. I turned off the EQ doing this and turning it on to flat, now it's slightly better but wooooooow the soundstage. I'm curious, is this like a tradeoff? wide SS for sibilance? I remember my Beyer DT990 Pros being like this too. Overall, I'm quite pleased although they're quite diff from the Shure SE215's which I guess will keep for now. Great buy @ $50!!

The sibilance is most likely from tips that aren't fitting well.

Sony hybrid and Sennhesier double flange types seem to work best. Try different sizes and see if it helps.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #678 of 4,032
  The sibilance is most likely from tips that aren't fitting well.

Sony hybrid and Sennhesier double flange types seem to work best. Try different sizes and see if it helps.

Thanks, just curious are there comply tips that fit the Havi? I've only had two IEMs in my life and the SE215s gave me a good fit that were comply. I think most of the tips from the Havi bundle were all loose including the foam one provided.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #680 of 4,032
  Waste of money on Complys. Too expensive, and they actually make the sound worse here. The included foam is basically a Comply.

Yeah that doesn't seem to fit me either >< I tried. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #681 of 4,032
@Jjacq , are you hearing grittiness but using the term sibilance instead? Because there are no reported sibilance issues for B3 yet. May it be a record quality related issue as well? If you are hearing the grittiness on the highs and using the term 'sibilance' instead, that grittiness will smooth out after 200-300 hours. Just put them in a burn-in cycle and don't listen for sometime.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #682 of 4,032
@Jjacq , are you hearing grittiness but using the term sibilance instead? Because there are no reported sibilance issues for B3 yet. May it be a record quality related issue as well? If you are hearing the grittiness on the highs and using the term 'sibilance' instead, that grittiness will smooth out after 200-300 hours. Just put them in a burn-in cycle and don't listen for sometime.

Okay will do. Perhaps I'm confusing them. Thanks!

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #684 of 4,032
I don't know why the newer version gets so much slack.... They are much easier to power and are never sibilant. True they don't extend as much because of the bass, but it is still less bassythan the tenores.

Have you heard both versions?

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #686 of 4,032
I see. Just a little surprised that someone who heard nothing thinks is strange that the old version gets all the hype. Its not much doubt that the old version is superior.

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #689 of 4,032
  The soundstage suffers in the Pro 2 model, which is the main attraction of the Havi.

The bass is boosted, but the treble drops off, which makes it just another good but not great IEM. The Pro 1 is special.

Did you get your Tenore yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back