Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #661 of 4,032
Jun 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #663 of 4,032
For those who used penonaduio, do you have to have a Paypal account or can I pay for it with my credit card directly?

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #665 of 4,032
Using an S3 with an iBasso connected OTG to it with these IEMs. Really good, the soundstage is stupidly wide, reminds me of my old DT990s without that much sibilance on the high ends. Changing from

a Shure SE215, it's totally a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #667 of 4,032
Good to hear that you like them @Jjacq :) keep burning and inform us. You will notice some more improvements when you pass 15 hours. Me and @analogsurvivor noticed grittiness on the highs between some 50-200 hours which completely gone after 200-300 hours and the iem sounds at its best (this is reported by me not sure if its the same for analogsurvivor).

Which tips are you using?

Ps: don't forget to put some small silica gel bags inside that Havi zippered clam shaped case for moisture absorption.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #668 of 4,032
Good to hear that you like them @Jjacq
smily_headphones1.gif
keep burning and inform us. You will notice some more improvements when you pass 15 hours. Me and @analogsurvivor noticed grittiness on the highs between some 50-200 hours which completely gone after 200-300 hours and the iem sounds at its best (this is reported by me not sure if its the same for analogsurvivor).

Ps: don't forget to put some small silica gel bags inside that Havi zippered clam shaped case for moisture absorption.

I bought this used from shotgunshane so It has most likely been burnt in well already but I don't know. Umm using the layered one...? Haha I shyed away from IEMs a while ago because they wouldn't fit my tiny ear canals but after getting the SE215's and having them fit well I decided to give the Havi a try. I don't regret them although I still feel the tip fitting is kind of odd, are they supposed to be a snug fit? And thanks for the tip with the silica gel, I'll keep that in mind!

Are the Havi's noticeably sibilant though?

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #669 of 4,032
Good to hear that you like them @Jjacq
smily_headphones1.gif
keep burning and inform us. You will notice some more improvements when you pass 15 hours. Me and @analogsurvivor noticed grittiness on the highs between some 50-200 hours which completely gone after 200-300 hours and the iem sounds at its best (this is reported by me not sure if its the same for analogsurvivor).

The higs on Havi are not perfect - so is not my hearing 
atsmile.gif
.  But it takes Stax Lambda and up to *significantly* improve in the treble over Havi.  Havi really needs longish break in; most noticeable in bass, but perhaps more important, the treble does get smoother. I can confirm 200-300 hour use is required to get there.
Havi per se is NOT sibilant - if sibilance is experienced, it is maionly the recording/source problem .

Once again, Havi REALLY needs an (powerful) amp. As nice as the soundstage, depth etc is - it struggles in dynamics and bass. Direct comparison to JVC HA-S500 makes one wish for a person child with the best of both worlds - effortless dynamic range of JVC and smoothness/precision of Havi. When really pushed with
superb material ( Mahler 1st symphony, DSD or DXD download from Channel Classics ), one hell of an amp is required - but Havi can take it. The resulting combo will still not be the most dynamic thing in the world - but overall presentation will be hard to beat. Probably at any cost, let alone at the asking price.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #670 of 4,032
@Jjacq from your description I understand that you're using them with senn double flanges. If so I prefer the same tip...

They are neither very snug nor loose fitting for me. Choosing a tip type, size and fitting style is up to preference. But with a loose fit you will be missing the bass section.

And I never heard any sibilance from B3's.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #671 of 4,032
How do these sound straight out of a Sansa Clip Zip?  From my understanding, it can play really loud.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #672 of 4,032
How do these sound straight out of a Sansa Clip Zip?  From my understanding, it can play really loud.

I don't have a Clip Zip so I am sorry that I couldn't give a direct info for you. But I can say that out of a Sansa Fuze they sound very very low in volume... Much worse than a say, MH1C. If you don't add an amp there is no way to use it with Fuze. I assume that Clip Zip has nearly the same output power as a Fuze?

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #673 of 4,032

I have the clip zip and the volume you get out of it is ok, however it´s not really an increase in volume you need the most. Well if you listen on your music loud it´s a big deal.  The clip goes just shy under my prefered listening level. I listen quite loud but not in anyway blastingly loud for longer periods of time. However, the clip lacks the capability of drive. You might end up with a some what thin and veil sound. That said the clip does a better job then let´s say a mobile phone. Amp is recommended, even with the clip zip. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back