Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #691 of 4,032
  The soundstage suffers in the Pro 2 model, which is the main attraction of the Havi.

The bass is boosted, but the treble drops off, which makes it just another good but not great IEM. The Pro 1 is special.

i very much agree, the bass masks detail and staging... but the original is power hungry and has very, very little bass. 
i sold the xba40 for being source dependent, the pro1 is much more troublesome. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #692 of 4,032
  i very much agree, the bass masks detail and staging... but the original is power hungry and has very, very little bass. 

If you get a good seal from good tips, get a good angle, and use bass boost, it actually handles quite a bit of bass.

It sounds very very good with a bass boost. I always use it.

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #693 of 4,032
I ordered the double-flange Sennheiser-type tips, but got the size wrong. I got 3 medium pairs, so now I have 2 pairs that have never been touched, and one pair that were in my ears for 10 seconds. I realized immediately they were the wrong size. My question is, does anyone have a large pair they want to trade? They can just go right in an envelope for the cost of a stamp.

FYI, here is the link of the ones I bought, a good seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261146064799

Let me know if you're interested! I'm still burning in my Havi's. I think after 100 hours the bass is still not enough. I hope it becomes fuller.

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #694 of 4,032
I ordered the double-flange Sennheiser-type tips, but got the size wrong. I got 3 medium pairs, so now I have 2 pairs that have never been touched, and one pair that were in my ears for 10 seconds. I realized immediately they were the wrong size. My question is, does anyone have a large pair they want to trade? They can just go right in an envelope for the cost of a stamp.

FYI, here is the link of the ones I bought, a good seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261146064799

Let me know if you're interested! I'm still burning in my Havi's. I think after 100 hours the bass is still not enough. I hope it becomes fuller.

You can't get good bass without proper seal. Previously reported that another eartip from an iem manufacturer gives good results for large ear canals. I think @analogsurvivor may help (give info) on this... Because he uses one. Senn "Large" tips may not seal well if you have a large earcanal because its not much larger than medium ones... But you can try it anyway... IMO

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #695 of 4,032

They don't have very very little bass. Your fit must be off. That said. They are no bass monsters but bass is present indeed.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #697 of 4,032
Thanks for the advice and thoughts. I definitely like them enough to keep trying. So if anyone wants to trade their large for my medium of the type of tips I mention above, let me know.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #698 of 4,032
The kc06 are not bass monsters, but have enough presence. Side by side the B3 pro are bass light

I have to tell from the memory because I sold my KC06 some time ago... Without any eq and side by side KC06 bass have more body. Other than that B3 bass is better in every segment. B3 can go sub sub bass, its bass presentation is linear accross the frequencies, its well layered and detailed. If anyone who wants more bass can always try proper fit/tip, powerfull source and/or amp, eq on player or bass boost option on amp.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #699 of 4,032
Thanks for the advice and thoughts. I definitely like them enough to keep trying. So if anyone wants to trade their large for my medium of the type of tips I mention above, let me know.

Tomorrow I'll check the post office. I will be informing you Darner.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #700 of 4,032
I have to tell from the memory because I sold my KC06 some time ago... Without any eq and side by side KC06 bass have more body. Other than that B3 bass is better in every segment. B3 can go sub sub bass, its bass presentation is linear accross the frequencies, its well layered and detailed. If anyone who wants more bass can always try proper fit/tip, powerfull source and/or amp, eq on player or bass boost option on amp.

There is for sure more layering, and I agree its extremely linear.
Bass is very source dependant, and with my zo2 the b3 did not pair with at all. I don't believe the drivers were tuned to handle much bass

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #701 of 4,032
There is for sure more layering, and I agree its extremely linear.
Bass is very source dependant, and with my zo2 the b3 did not pair with at all. I don't believe the drivers were tuned to handle much bass

Well you'll be surprised with a matching source. B3 is like U2 submarine. You need the best engine to drive her. Also you will have to give it time and discover her. When its done she will lead you to the undiscovered depths of your soul :wink:

I am thinking of purchasing a better dap only because of her :wink: and she deserves it... There are only two iem/hp's in my past that make me jump in another level of sound perception. First was the AKG K340 electrostatic-dynamic hp's (modded). And on the iem part its Havi B3 Pro1.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #703 of 4,032
  I thought Havi was a boy. Given name, Harvey, if I remember correctly.

Company name is Havi (or Harvey), B3 is their first daughter 
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #704 of 4,032
I had completely dismantled once... They are vented. But the vent is under the glass and its on the middle part of plastic back. That single hole reaches out through a very shallow canal on the plastic surface but under that glass. One driver is for bass and one driver for the other frequencies. I will post photos in future...

thanks for the info. Do you also know where I can buy double flange tips. My pair came without those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back