Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #646 of 4,032
I got an e6, I will give them a spin at work with the b3. Thinking it should be fine just at a head fi meet someone who tried my e6 complained about too much hiss for his taste.
the e6 with the bright blue setting puts a lovely sound on the havi, giving it a more v shaped sound and gives the bass a kick in the pants. More power wouldn't hurt but this is no slouch. E6 is a really cool gadget for on the go. The low price makes owning one a no brainer.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #647 of 4,032
  I got an e6, I will give them a spin at work with the b3. Thinking it should be fine just at a head fi meet someone who tried my e6 complained about too much hiss for his taste.

The bonus of low efficiency or power hungryness of Havi B3 Pro Old Version is the fact they are extremely unlikely to hiss.

I almost forgot that Korg MR 1 has headphone output - with more (normally ) efficient IEMs the thing hisses like crazy, not exactly something one would like to demontrate the superiority of DSD recordings with. With B3, silence via headphone out returned at last - or more properly said, for the first time.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #648 of 4,032
The Havi's are really great. Just bought a Galaxy S1, known for its good dac, and the sound is so realistic. Not better than the Iphone 3gs though, but a very cheap alternative to a mp3 player (bought mine for 45 dollars/35 euro's). 

The soundstage is awsome for meditation music:)

I also received the KZ ED3. One channel doesnt work sometimes (because of the cable), so I need to send them back. The sound quality is so so, nothing compared to the Havi's. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #649 of 4,032
Straight out of the line out with the fiio x5>e6 the eq settings distort a bit in the bass and treble distorts a bit, out of headphone out with the x5 at around half volume everything is fine, funny. But yeah don't hear the hiss on the e6 at lower volumes only if I turn it way up do I start to hear something. The red bass setting makes the whole signature with the b3 quite dark and a tad muddy, might be how the new b3 model sounds as clarity takes a hit for more bass. The blue setting is a nice fun setting, v shaped sounding.

Personally I usually stick with stock or violet low gain when I play with iems on the e6. But yeah the e6 does power the b3 quite well and is a great budget amp choice for it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #650 of 4,032
Straight out of the line out with the fiio x5>e6 the eq settings distort a bit in the bass and treble distorts a bit, out of headphone out with the x5 at around half volume everything is fine, funny. But yeah don't hear the hiss on the e6 at lower volumes only if I turn it way up do I start to hear something. The red bass setting makes the whole signature with the b3 quite dark and a tad muddy, might be how the new b3 model sounds as clarity takes a hit for more bass. The blue setting is a nice fun setting, v shaped sounding.

Personally I usually stick with stock or violet low gain when I play with iems on the e6. But yeah the e6 does power the b3 quite well and is a great budget amp choice for it.
I wasn't aware you were using a x5 as a source. There really shouldn't be a need for any amp when using the x5.

The e6 is more of a portable device to be used with cell phones and lower powered sources.

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #653 of 4,032
I bet that havi sounds fantastic coming out of the x5 though!

They do, have had the b3 for a few months now usually just listen straight out of the x5 for convenience.

Got the ostry kc06 and been giving them a fair listen for the last week and they sound fantastic but would still say my preferred iem is the havi b3 
redface.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #654 of 4,032
Thanks for the response Netforce,i think i have found the budget amp for B3...

Has anybody listened some electronic music on these,tech-house,something bassy...
Could they with some E6 bass boost make that genre sound good,since i am interested in using them as an 
all-around IEM

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #655 of 4,032
Thanks for the response Netforce,i think i have found the budget amp for B3...

Has anybody listened some electronic music on these,tech-house,something bassy...
Could they with some E6 bass boost make that genre sound good,since i am interested in using them as an 
all-around IEM
the e6 will absolutely make these sound good with edm. they just won't be bass head sounding phones. Plenty of bass for most people though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back