Have you ever had a headphone that just immediately hit the spot?
Sep 20, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 63
K1000 and to a lesser extent K340.

Sep 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 63
My SA-3000s did it for me
smily_headphones1.gif
. I haven't had the chance to listen to much high-end gear.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #21 of 63
I bought a pair of sa-3000's and thought they were "the best I'ld heard" then they broke, and sony sent me my money back, and i vowed against sony, on a total drunken whim i whipped out the credit card and logged into headroom, ordered me up a pair of grado 325i's (much to my girlfriends dismay when she saw the credit card next to the computer in the morning) geeez i still hear about it.

i have to say i am totally blown away everytime i put them on,,, which is bad, i have officially begun the journey to empty my wallet forever. the more i read, the more i want to try other phones, and amps which i dont' have. i almost wish i had just taken the plunge for the rs-1's.
however my next phones will have to be iem's,,,, my classmates think i'm retarted and are sick of hearing my headphones.

Sep 21, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #22 of 63
Grado SR225's. I loved everything about the SR60, and the 225's are their big brother so it was a natural love at first listen.

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #24 of 63
ER4-P. I had come from Shure E2c and E3. Man, did the etys just blow those away.

KSC-75. I paid my $12, waited for amazon to cough em up, and tore the package open. I plugged them in, put on some familiar tunes, and was just blown away.

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #25 of 63
i've had beer hit the spot :|

gf's hit the spot.... lol

never had a headphone hit the spot, but yet i'm a newb. no good phones yet.(edit: i take that back, i bought some er-6i's last week, and I do like them alot with my Iriver)

altho recently i started using flac and foobar instead of crappy mp3's and winamp. HUGE difference, much better sound on all my music. Love it

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #27 of 63
The HF1 was a real eye-opener for me.

I was happily enjoying my MS2 + millet at the time. Then the HF1 came out and it was like .... WOW!!! The mids!! the wood resonance!!! the kick-bass The Guitars!!

It was an eye-opener for me because I immediately knew that flat and accurate is not my preference. It bacame obvious I prefered a colored kind of sound. Now... the MS2 is not the flattest or most accurate headphone either IMHO, it already has some of the grado signature, but I wanted MORE.

The HF1 does lack some of the detail resolution and sub-bass extension of the MS2. Hence... where I am at today....
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #29 of 63
Out of every headphone I've ever heard or owned, the Grado HF-1 was the only one to really wow me right off the bat. It may not be the most accurate headphone nor the most expensive available but every note just sounds so amazing. If I could only have one can, I'd definitely be content with the HF-1.

I've only heard the Orpheus for about ten minutes so I don't think I can voice a fair opinion on those, though they did sound goooooood...
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #30 of 63
AT A900LTD made me sell my Senn, Grado, Alessandro collection and get into more AT sound(s). All I need is HA5000 amp and my journey is compete...at least for awhile:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back