Have you ever had a headphone that just immediately hit the spot?
Sep 23, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
K1000
k1000smile.gif

Me too
k1000smile.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #62 of 63
The KSC-35, in comparison to the first "good" headphones I got, the HD-595. It strongly confirmed for me that I hated (and still hate) the muffled sound of the HD-595. The muffled sound is due to the fit on my head. Anyway, the KSC-35 sounded much better to me.

Since then, no headphones have hit the spot. The K701 is the best headphone I have (everything else I have sounds like total crap in comparison), but, all in all, it is just another mediocre midrange headphone, with a tremendous amount of flaws. Nope, I have not heard anything higher-end - I am going with what has been said about the headphone here, and I, personally, can imagine something A LOT better - I am sure the HP-2, for instance, totally trashes the K701, making it sound like an absolutely lo-fi piece of crap.

Anyway, the flaws of the K701 are: the inability to recreate any instrument accurately (from the multitude of comments on Head-Fi from people who know what instruments sound like); the flat (not in the sense of neutrality), un-dynamic (sic) sound (which is why these headphones "lack emotion"); the poorly textured bass; the obvious treble spike; and the poor soundstage (3-blob and non-enveloping) and imaging.

Sep 23, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #63 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferraro25
The KSC-35, in comparison to the first "good" headphones I got, the HD-595. It strongly confirmed for me that I hated (and still hate) the muffled sound of the HD-595. The muffled sound is due to the fit on my head. Anyway, the KSC-35 sounded much better to me.

Since then, no headphones have hit the spot. The K701 is the best headphone I have (everything else I have sounds like total crap in comparison), but, all in all, it is just another mediocre midrange headphone, with a tremendous amount of flaws. Nope, I have not heard anything higher-end - I am going with what has been said about the headphone here, and I, personally, can imagine something A LOT better - I am sure the HP-2, for instance, totally trashes the K701, making it sound like an absolutely lo-fi piece of crap.

Anyway, the flaws of the K701 are: the inability to recreate any instrument accurately (from the multitude of comments on Head-Fi from people who know what instruments sound like); the flat (not in the sense of neutrality), un-dynamic (sic) sound (which is why these headphones "lack emotion"); the poorly textured bass; the obvious treble spike; and the poor soundstage (3-blob and non-enveloping) and imaging.

part of those flaws could be because of your source, not that your source is bad but the synergy could be off. And I owned the k701 for awhile they are not even close to perfect but I would by no means call them mediocre I think all the headphones in the 300 price range are all good just with different sound signatures, at the same time I can agree with some of your complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back