Has anyone heard of KOZEE SOUND SOLUTIONS?
Dec 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 199

GORILLA BASTARD

New Head-Fier
I went through the entire 1964 thread and gotta admit that what I'm hearing about IEM's has got my interest really peaked. So I'm tentatively shopping for my first IEM and the bay turns these guys up.  However, warning sign goes up because of no, none, zip feedback!!! 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Earbuds-Custom-In-Ear-Monitors-Custom-Earphone_W0QQitemZ260710360975QQcategoryZ112529QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5797097913492083941

Website---> http://kozeesolutions.com/products.asp  
Prices on their website seems kinda strong.  The trips are especially pricey for a no-name company, right?  Or are these guys just not known to me?  Either way I'm none too impressed with what I'm seeing. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 199
Hey Gorilla,

I'll try and answer a few of your concerns.  Yes, we don't have any feedback.  I realize that is a concern for most consumers.  We are offering a "Best Offer" option with our first 10 eBay items to help offset that. We probably aren't known to you yet because we are new, hence the no feedback.  As you noticed we aren't just on eBay.  We own and operate kozeesolutions.com and are a brick and mortar company located within a hearing aid office! We are constantly adding to our site (literally everyday). We're using eBay as another way to attract people besides search engines, word of mouth, etc. 

We offer extremely affordable custom earbuds.  We are cheaper than JH Audio, Sleek Audio, EarSound, and Ultimate Ears just to name a few!  We also include a free impression kit with our custom products.  That saves you the time and the $60 an audiologist usually costs. I think you'll be more than satisfied with a pair of custom IEM's and hope you haven't made a final decision yet, because I would love to personally take care of you if you have any other questions/concerns.  Feel free to drop me an email: adam@kozeesolutions.com 

Thank you for your interest, I hope I can be of more help to you.

Sincerely,
Adam Palmquist
President
Kozee Sound Solutions
www.kozeesolutions.com

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 199
Hi Adam,

I was browsing your website for the custom IEM section and I noticed that your molds were made by inearz? Can you confirm this? It means that you make the drivers, but you ship it off to inearz/fisher audio to do the molds correct?

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 199
@ unclej: Actually no, we don't use InEarZ. For our stock images we had used an InEarZ product, but have since changed. We will still leave our stock image on the site until we get one of better quality. We have found that in order to offer the lowest prices we need to have multiple sources and suppliers. We are very proud to say we have combined all of the quality you would expect from a pair of custom IEM's at a price you can't beat.

@ m.hamner: Thank you very much. We really appreciate it! I hope I can be of more help to anyone who has questions/concerns. Anyone can feel free to email me at adam@kozeesolutions.com or you can go to our site and request a free brochure.

Sincerely,
Adam Palmquist
President
Kozee Sound Solutions
www.kozeesolutions.com

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 199
Hey Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's always a good sign when somebody from the company jumps right in to provide clarification/information.  My spidey-sense about KSS being a fly-by-night, high drag, low-speed operation has subsided.  No, I haven't made a final decision yet and thanks for offering to take care of me. 

I wish you best of luck with KSS and hope you guys do become the next JH or UE.  More competition is always a good thing. That way I can fondly remember when the president of KSS set me straight/told me off on Head-Fi back in 0'10.

Gorilla

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 199
Kozee Sound Solutions is going to be reshelling a TF10 for me and I am going get the X3.  I have been emailing with Adam about the X3 and he has been very helpful and an all around great guy.

In addition to the X3, I have been bit by the TF10 reshell bug.  So I got a TF10 for reshelling as so many people like the TF10 even though my experience with the TF10 in 2009 wasn't all that great.  I decided to chalk it up to fit, or fit and the vi cable (I have a friend that has a TF10 with an after market cable that says the replacement cable helps quite a bit, and the vi cable is worse than the regular cable), so I decided to give it another try.  This experience is better than the previous experience, but I do have the regular cable (soon to be after market) and am using different tips.  

In my research, I found several people say their reshelled version sounded worse than the original, which raised some concern.  I was thinking of going with Fisher Hearing, but decided to ask Adam about reshelling and also about my concerns.  His answers were very thorough and made sense, so Kozee will be reshelling my TF10.  It is $90 for the reshell, which includes a free impression kit (same as the X3, but he can work off the same impressions).  

I just used the impression kit tonight and it worked like a charm.  I was going to have my wife help me, but decided I could do it myself and it was easy.  I will really know how well it worked when I get the TF10s/customs back, but they look at least as good, if not better than the last few impressions I have had done for $50 per set.  If this turns our well, which I think it will, I will probably use more kits for only $5 each vs. paying my local audiologist $50.  I will of course post the results once I receive my reshelled TF10 and X3.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 199

Quote:
I just used the impression kit tonight and it worked like a charm.  

Well, that makes two of us, though I'm getting an X1 to see just how much custom you can get for the same money as a Phonak PFE.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #10 of 199
Very cool!  Did you use it tonight also?  No more trips to the audiologists for impressions!

I am looking forward to that comparison of yours, as it is the same price as my TF10 before the reshell .

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 199
Yep, just a few hours ago. I wasn't feeling as brave as you, however, so I had my girlfriend do mine. Can imagine what I looked like sitting at the dinner table biting down on a pen with bits of string hanging down and globs of green goo in my ears. Hopefully these impressions will still turn out okay as the last two times I had mine done by Westone and JHAudio dealers ($40 and $90, respectively).

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #12 of 199
You bit a pen, lol, I bit on a rolled up washcloth.  And wow, $90 for impressions, that is quite a bit!  I have paid $40 and $50 twice.

How do your impressions look?  Mine look fine with one minor issue where there is a slight void, so I will see what Adam says.  He did send 2 kits, so if there is an issue I can just do it again.

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #13 of 199
@ average_joe
What did Adam say that makes you feel good about them doing the reshell? After reading your post I've sent some of my own questions about bore, tuning, etc. I figure this could be an inexpensive way to try customs, if I can be reassured they can maintain the stock sound sig.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #14 of 199

Quote:
You bit a pen, lol, I bit on a rolled up washcloth.  And wow, $90 for impressions, that is quite a bit!  I have paid $40 and $50 twice.

How do your impressions look?  Mine look fine with one minor issue where there is a slight void, so I will see what Adam says.  He did send 2 kits, so if there is an issue I can just do it again.

Luckily the $90 impressions were included in the cost of the custom tips I was getting.

My DIY impressions look decent - there's a couple of small cracks in the silicone but they are pretty evident and should be easy enough to fill in. I actually used both kits and then selected the best ones from each ear. Could probably have squeezed 6 impressions in total from the amount of putty provided.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 199

Quote:
@ average_joe
What did Adam say that makes you feel good about them doing the reshell? After reading your post I've sent some of my own questions about bore, tuning, etc. I figure this could be an inexpensive way to try customs, if I can be reassured they can maintain the stock sound sig.

He basically talked about the many different variables involved and how the sound would be very similar to the original, from a sound signature perspective.  He did seem like he knew what he was talking about, which made me feel comfortable.  I will have another TF10 to compare with.

Quote:

Quote:

Luckily the $90 impressions were included in the cost of the custom tips I was getting.

My DIY impressions look decent - there's a couple of small cracks in the silicone but they are pretty evident and should be easy enough to fill in. I actually used both kits and then selected the best ones from each ear. Could probably have squeezed 6 impressions in total from the amount of putty provided.

Good thing that $90 was included!  And that is a good idea, make 2 at the same time and pick the best of the 2!  I do think 1 and a half pack is enough for both of my ears, so you are right, I could have made 3 sets of impressions with all Adam sent!  I emailed Adam a picture of my impressions, asking if I should send another, or if that one is OK.  It should be easy to fill, though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back