Has anyone heard anything better than the Manley 300B headphone amp?
Jul 22, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 36

Quote:
Won the lottery, eh?

No not quite.  But as you know, in this hobby, once you hear something amazing you seek it.  And if you get something else, you start thinking about how it would compare to the piece you really want.  Eventually you wind up getting it anyways.   Why not take the most direct path?

However, I am wondering if there is anything better...

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 36
If you like the 300B SET sound, you like the 300B SET sound :/  I would argue that there are dozens upon dozens of amps that sound better

Quote:
No not quite.  But as you know, in this hobby, once you hear something amazing you seek it.  And if you get something else, you start thinking about how it would compare to the piece you really want.  Eventually you wind up getting it anyways.   Why not take the most direct path?

However, I am wondering if there is anything better...

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 36
Yes. thanks.  I LOVE the Woo 5.  It's just too big for my space. Also, it is not as good as the Manley in terms of the richness of the musical information.  However, I have heard some other 300B designs that I was not so enamored with. 

Aug 1, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 36
No amp at all would probably sound better. And a direct connection to the source should be easy with the Beyer's.

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 36
Man, how did I miss this thread? The Manley doesn't get anywhere near the amount of love it deserves on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back