Has anyone ever tried Beats Studios with an amp?
Sep 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #46 of 50

Quote:
I used to think that as well, but you can't use the headphones if the batteries die out. Since they only power the internal amp, apparenly when this is out the whole sound chain is broken, so the sound from the source was also running through that amp - which lead me to conclude the internal amp also serves for amping the music. We all know double-amping is in most cases a bad idea but hey, it's Monster...

Ah, I didn't know that. Funny, Bose does the same thing with their QuietComforts.

Oct 16, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #47 of 50
I tired the Studios on display at my university's bookstore out of my HM601 the other day and thought they sounded quite a bit better than I had last heard them out of an iPhone.  I was pretty baffled by this since I knew they had an amp in them already.

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #50 of 50
I tested my friends Fiio K3 with my Beats Studio Wireless made the Bass deeper and higher clarity (Not sure if clarity is the right word, not an audiophile). This has persuaded me to go out and purchase the K3 or the K1 for my beats. Most likely it sounds better because of the improved DAC but it is enough to make it worth another purchase for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back