Hardest boss fight ever!
Dec 20, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #46 of 215
I think the first encounter with Chained Ogre is the hardest boss in Sekiro given couple conditions. It's the hardest because you have absolutely no health, and he will take you down with one hard grab or body slam. If you watch this video, you can see his hit box is ridiculous. While he flies toward you, and you dodge, he will do a 90 degree pivot and still get you (the video shows in slow motion). I would bet, nobody can really beat him without flame prosthetic. It's impossible!

The condition for Chained Ogre to be the hardest is the condition of no flame vent prosthetic used. Flame vent prosthetic makes the fight trivial.

This is another trolling by FromSoft. They make this boss impossible, and they give you a subtle clue that you need the flame prosthetic. And who would think that you'd have to go down to Hirata Estate to get it? Conventionally, games are designed linearly, and this game breaks such rule. Ana is an above avg skilled gamer, and this just proves how affective this trolling is. FromSoft always does this. They put a roadblock early in the game you have to overcome to know if you are a quitter or not. If somebody is persistent enough to beat this boss, it's most likely they have the drive to beat the game. This roadblock can be overcome in two ways. By persistence in trials to beat the boss, or figure out the solution to make the fight easy (this is the little puzzles FromSoft puts into their games). Early roadblocks are general test FromSoft puts into the game. It's like a rite of passage.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #47 of 215
Demon's Souls: Armored Spider

I had difficulty with this boss, and it's really not easy for sure. I think it is one of the most difficult boss designs, but it's not the typical boss design you'd see in Dark Souls series. It's more of classic Japanese game design boss. Dark Souls usually has oversized bosses like giants, ogres, large knights, or golems, but this one is so different. It's not a quick humanoid with a long reaching weapon either. This is an older boss design by Miyazaki's team from Demon's Souls, and it's brilliant! lol

The avg difficulty of bosses seem more difficult to figure out than Dark Souls series. In Darks Souls, there's super hard ones and then most are easy. Demon Souls is about figuring out how the bosses work. In Dark Souls, you can get away with slashing away and dodging with majority of bosses. Demon's Souls requires knowledge instead (so far it's like that).

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #48 of 215
Demon's Souls: Flame Lurker

Even hard than the spider. lol. It's hard for Dark Souls veterans that's used to dodging inwards to hit from the back. It's impossible to do with this guy due to his insane frontal smash hit box. You have to dodge back, and try to get a hit on him on a limited time (very limited if using a short weapon or slow weapon). I thought my Claymore was too slow until I saw this video of her playing. She has a fast weapon, but the reach sucks. It seems like winged spear would have been great with this boss and this world as a whole with the weapon upgraded. If I were to replay this world, I would go with winged spear.

This enemy's movements are similar to the Giant Ape in Sekiro.

This game isn't easier than Dark Souls necessarily. It's bosses have greater variations for us to figure out how to beat them. In Dark Souls, it's usually just inward/outward dodge and 2-3 hits, and back off or recover stamina. Rinse and repeat. It's not a simple as that in Demon's Souls. Which is partly why the game is so interesting.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #49 of 215
Bosses are no chumps in this game (if you are not using magic). Still difficult, and I thought Demon Souls were suppose to be easier than the Dark Souls series. I guess on the avg it is easier, but also difficult due to huge hit boxes enemies have and dodging requires more precise timing. Dodging doesn't feel as effective as the Dark Souls games. Perhaps the i-frames are less? Are there any i-frames at all? Also, there's a bit of a delay before the rolling occurs no matter how much weight is on you. Which is BS. Delay should be major with fat rolling.

Demon's Souls: Maneater

And when we played Dark Souls 1 for the first time we thought facing more than one Gargoyles was crazy. Try doing it in a narrow passageway. Easy to fall off because these guys hit hard enough to knock you back. Beating 1 is hard enough, but a 2nd one showing up makes this tough. I made it hard on my self by fighting this early with not much of a health pool. I hit hard though because I put lots of points into strength. I wish I had the Dragon Bone Smasher to take them out quicker!

I think she went with Claymore with this fight because she realizes the advantage of massive damage with these guys (she usually goes quick DEX weapons that require multiple jabs). She was able to beat the boss with the defense magic, which seems way too overpowered. She can tank their hits with minimal damage. Magic seems overpowered in this game, and that's the imbalance in this game. Strict melee run increases the difficulty. I used no magic, so this boss was no cakewalk.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #50 of 215
Bloodborne: Vicar Amelia

First boss I got stuck on until I found out I have to hit a specific body part to stagger her for critical damage. My mistake was to keep attacking on her back (This works in Dark Souls series), but I do minor damage and would take forever. She's quite scary the way the goes all nuts after awhile. I died very quickly when she does crazy. lol.

This one was an odd one that threw me off because I didn't think about her being open to critical attacks. I heard typical thud sound, but didn't occur to me that it was the sound of her being stunned for me to hit her with critical attacks for massive damage.

She's really easy with the knowledge that you aim for her legs to trigger critical hit opportunities. Easy to be stuck without this knowledge. Typical, FromSoft's way of playing with our minds. They make us think that it's best to stay on the back to attack a giant beast, but it turns out, you break her legs and when she bring her head down, it's the opportunity to critial hit her. It takes away almost 1/4 of her health with critical hit (this is significant because her health pool is massive!). So obviously, they set it up for critical hits. Their trick worked, I was fearful of hitting her legs from the front and trying to hit her head from the front.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #51 of 215
Bloodborne: Shadows of Yharnam

3 bosses in one. Yes, 3. Only boss fight I recall that was 3 or more was the Gargoyles from Dark Souls 1, but this one is harder because they obviously move faster than the Gargoyles. Edit: Ruin Sentinels were 3 as well, but they don't gang up on you from the start like the Shadows.

Interestingly, I felt like they are very manageable as long as you step dodge around them. And take out one at a time. There are disagreements on the strategy. Some people feel that the one with highest health pool and quickest movement should be taken out first. Pesonally, I like to reduce the number of enemies quickly so I take the out the slowest and easiest one (lowest health pool), the fire ball shooter. Taking out the fireball shooter is like taking out the archer first before the melee enemy. I won't have to worry about dodging fireballs and trying to take out the others.

It didn't feel as hard is Ornstein and Smough, or the Ruin Sentinels. My issue with Ornstein and Smough was that Smough had a huge hit box. Ruin Sentinels had long reach with their attacks, and they had the annoying spin attacks that would most likely hit you and take massive damage to finish you off quickly. In this respect, 3 doesn't mean harder than 2.

I luv the way this guys handles it. Efficient. He comes in with a canon and blasts them and they all get knocked out. lol. That canon looks like a lot of fun!
Also, what's interesting about the canon hitting all 3 does is that, it reveals who has the lowest health pool. You can see differences in health depleted, and you also know which one is who.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #52 of 215
Bloodborne: Martyr Logarius

I wonder if this guy is the hardest boss in the game? It can depend on what level you are at (I always feel like I'm under leveled because there are enemies that one shots you! It happens so often in Bloodborne that it feels cheap). So far, the monsters I've faced isn't all that difficult. This is one of the first humanoid boss I've faced, and I would admit he was challenging. This boss feels like a typical final boss for Dark Souls series. Personally, I like Dark/Demon Souls bosses better. Bloodborne bosses arn't all that exciting. I like fighting fast humanoid bosses.

I liked this boss fight. Challenging, but interesting. It's hard to get a hit in with this guy. Long reaching scythe swipes he does if you are distant away, and it's difficult to dodge and heal due to how far this weapon reaches. And when you get close to him, he has a short sword on his other hand that will strike really fast. He is just crazy fast. It's hard to keep up with him. Similar quick movements like Sister Friede from DS3. I should learn to parry, it would make this boss much easier.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #53 of 215
Bloodborne: Lawrence the First Vicar

One try kill! Supposedly, hardest or 2nd hardest in the game (including DLC)? I'm really getting tired of fighting beasts in this game. It nothing special. I really don't like boss fights in this game because the beast fights (Majority are beasts). And hunter fights are kinda bland as well. They just move around quick and spam guns and does simple weapon hits every so often. Dark/Demon Souls (and Sekiro) has much more interesting bosses in terms of combat. Martyr Logarius is the only boss fight I found interesting, and it's basically a Dark/Demon's Souls boss.

Some people say it's the hardest game in the Soul franchise? No, Sekiro is by far the hardest Souls game (And maybe the hardest game there is). Bosses are chumpy (in Bloodborne) compared to other Souls games. People falsely think Bloodborne is tough because the game would shoot you off to places under leveled, and one shot killing enemies at random spots (with some knowledge, easy to get through).

Maybe I cheated because I used the Whirligig Saw? Heheheh... The boss killer!!!!! Bosses are so much easier with this weapon! Better than Ludwig's Holy Blade. I regret not entering DLC early to get this overpowered weapon to carry me through the game.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #54 of 215
Bloodborne: Lady Maria

Perhaps she's really the hardest boss? I don't know if it's possible to beat her without parry. Even parry timing is difficult with her. There's a short window. Also, when she's in 2nd and 3rd phase, she becomes ridiculously fast and dodges quickly. Not only that, her weapon reach becomes ridiculously long.

By far the coolest boss I've seen so far. Finally, an interesting hunter boss.

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #55 of 215
Street Fighter III series: GILL

It took me over a year until I realized that striking him while he resurrected was the way to go lol

Jan 3, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #56 of 215
Bloodborne: The Orphan of Kos

The most difficult boss so far, and also well designed. I've not played a boss like this in Souls games so far. This boss is quite interesting the way it moves. It's very phycological in the way it screams and the way it attacks. Very aggressive and scary. lol.

I think it plays with your mind to run away, but the real strategy is sticking close to it and step dodging. When you make a bit of distance, it has greater chance of hitting you. This boss looks scary and freaked me out, and it worked in intimidating me.

I would say, my fav boss battle thus far.

I didn't even think about parrying. It seems to be quite effective (but, difficult to parry). This guy does it very well.

This fight is really trivial if parry is timed well. If I were to do another run of this game, I would play with more style with a saw cleaver and parry everything. That must be the draw of this game, parrying these horrendous enemies that can one shot you.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #57 of 215
Nioh 2: Enenra

I struggled so hard with this boss. I haven't stuggled this hard since Sekiro. I'm a really aggressive player when I play Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but I can't get away with that with Nioh 2. I have to wait for openings.

This video makes it look so easy.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #58 of 215
Good to see lots of FromSoft love here! I really struggled with Manus in DS1 DLC and am ashamed to admit i ended up cheesing him from outside the arena….

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #59 of 215
@RAYC Yup, yup. The very best, and the most funnest games.

Now that I've played the Dark Souls 1 DLC, I've played all the bosses, and I find that Manus is one of the hardest in the game.

I think DS1 DLC had the best designed bosses. I enjoyed fighting Knight Artorias, and the Black Dragon Kalameet.

Manus is very progressive boss design for the time. It's the same monster design that will show up in bloodborne later on.

I enjoyed battling this guy. I like the design of this guy.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #60 of 215
How about two of the most annoying boss fights? It has to be from Dark Souls 2 SOTFS DLC, Crown of Sunkin King. Both fights about luck, and thus, I hated these fights.

It feels like DS1 is much more relaxing and not as annoying. DS2 gets super annoying.

Elana, Squalid Queen
She spawn another or 3 (skeletons) enemies fight with her, and this is not the only difficulty. She is constantly shooting dark magic at you or even worse, she spawns explosive balls right next to you that will explode and one shot you. You cannot heal with the explosive ball near you (because you sip the estus flash so damn slow, it explodes before you finish drinking!). This boss fight is about just getting lucky with her not spawning the 3 skeletons, but a slow moving knight, and just getting lucky that you can heal every so often.

Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
Really annoying because it release gases that rapidly depletes you weapon durability. Once your weapon breaks, you are pretty much dead because the game doesn't pause when you go to menu you to swap out another weapon. Also, it gives you no time to use any items from the menu (heal, reapply lightening buff, or repair weapons). Maybe the toughest dragon I've faced, but it's mechanics doesn't feel anything sophisticated, but just rapidly hits you when you are trying to heal, and you die. Same here, it's about getting lucky.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back