Hardest boss fight ever!
Nov 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #31 of 215
Hells yes! Got tenchu 1 on my ps1 when i was i kid. That game, together with metal gear solid 1 and resident evil laid the foundation of my gaming hobby. Its cool that sekiro is the successor, its almost like sekiro is what my mind remembers what tenchu 1 was.
Yeah, PS1 brought out some great ideas that applied 3D. Tenchu was much easier in comparison. Sekiro is mostly Tenchu except the bump in difficulty of the bosses to souls like games levels. I had lot more fun going through Tenchu because it was mainly about stealth kills. Sekiro's bosses are too difficult IMO. You have to have very good response time and joystick control skills to master it. When I see videos of skilled people's playthrough, it looks so bad-ass. I bet you feel like a bad-ass once you figure out the controls.

A fan Modded Sekiro to look like Rikimaru from Tenchu.

I would think Tenchu fans would recognize that Sekiro is essentially Tenchu. Tenchu is a great franchise that's been treated wrongly. There are so many cool ideas that they really abused the franchise. Sekiro did justice to it.
I think they did the right thing to redesign the protagonist. Rikimaru is better off in the late 90's. Sekiro's looks fits right in for today's times with the updated graphics.
Convincing wife that I need this new _________________________ (piece of audio gear that I was / am considering or have already purchased).
Sounds like you know who the real boss is!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #32 of 215
This thread is missing some of the bosses in hollow knight...

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #33 of 215
Neverminded, I thought Devine Dragon was the final boss. He clearly isn't (for the good endings). I will find out who the real final boss of Sekiro is, and I will struggle. 😢

Edit: Devine Dragon doesn't belong in this thread. It belongs in, "The most easiest boss ever" thread. lol

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #34 of 215
You can go suck it, Demon of Hatred! I hate you!!!!! I'm so close to cheesing it by making it fall of a cliff.

Don't whatch if you don't want to be spoiled of the Demon of Hatred (it shouldn't spoil anybody because it's impossible to beat!), the a-shole from Sekiro. I like her videos because I know she just dives in and it's all spontaneous. lol. Her reactions seems real.

Edit: After many many attempts I the Pavlov's dog finally learned to kill it. It took too many attempts to modify my behavior to kill a Demon.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #35 of 215
Probably the final boss in Sekiro (won't name names to keep it spoiler free). Had to put the game down for a few weeks after so many attempts.

I've played and beaten all other soulsborne games but something about this one was really tripping me up.
+1. Took me three weeks to beat the last boss. All the other bosses were tough too, but not nearly as hard to take down for me.

Genishiri was really the first plateu. But when it started to click in that fight it felt like my approach to the game changed. I rememberd my smug smile the last time i faught him, almost taunting him in my mind beacuse i could parry his blows.

Headless ape was also crazy. God damn the terror.

Almost worth playing again :D
I finally beat the real final boss, and it was struggle because I did it the conventional deflect and hit method. This method opens of up for many mistakes and dying. I died ALOT!!

And then I went through some guides and found this. It amazes me how people can figure out the most efficient way to do stuff given the circumstances. Sekiro's best tool is the Umbrella. I luv the Umbrella. Makes the most challenging fights much bearable. In this case, it works out really really well.

This is what I luv about Sekiro. The game opens up for various strategies, and it's interesting to see some creative way people figure it out to make the fight much easier and efficient.

The game messes with your mind sometimes. Makes you think it's impossible (the developers are really great at doing this), and the real win is when you figure out the easiest way to beat the bosses. I think that is the real skill of the game. It is the true Shinobi way!!!!

Don't whatch if you don't want to be spoiled of easy way to beat the final boss.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #36 of 215
I beat the Hirata Owl, and I realized that Owl has a narrow strategy to beat it is the reason why I struggled so hard. It would't give you much opportunities to do enough damage to bring it's posture down.

I seeked a guide regarding using one of the skills at the right moment, and it worked like a charm. So yes, this game can be really brutal if you don't figure out the specific way to beat the bosses. You can be dying for hours. lol So relieved I finally realized how to beat Owl at Hirata Estate. He is one tough son of a B if you don't know what needs to be done to bring his health down.

I got to say, Owl is the best animated boss that I've seen in this game. His moves are so cool lookin! I also like his visual design as well.

So, I've nailed all the 3 hardest bosses in the game.

Don't watch this if you don't want to be spoiled on how to beat Hirata Owl. I got to say the guy that made this video is the real expert on Sekiro. He know exactly what to do in all circumstance.

This is what happens if you don't know the strategy to drain Owl's vitality faster. You can easily go on for hours! I'm so surprised she can keep her focus for so long to chip away his vitality so slowly. Better than I. I couldn't keep focus for so long without making major mistakes. With Owl, mistakes cost alot!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #37 of 215
Dark Souls really pissing me off. The Taurus and Capra Demon boss fight design was just torture. Just infuriating what the director made me endure. I know he did it intentionally, which is pissing me off. How can a game designer be so sadistic?

Dark Souls is really broken game. Sekiro and Dark Souls are like night and day difference in gameplay design.

Dark Souls is such a bs game. They hide enemies intentionally to pop out and hurt you? That is some bs. It's like they intentionally do whatever they can to really get you.

It's really bad game design. You just run around to hit them in the back and dodge become invincible? What?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #38 of 215
Add Nameless King from Dark Souls 3. Hands down the hardest boss in the game, and much harder than the actual Final boss! That fight was a headache. His hits takes massive amount of damage and they decided to delay his attacks to throw you off from the usual timing of dodging. This is how FromSoft luvs to plays with us gamers. They playing with the patterns so that's it takes longer to get into the habbit of it.

Nameless King is equivalent to Genichiro Ashina from Sekiro. Both teach you how to play.

Biggest mistake from me was attempting to take him down with a slow, heavy ultra greatsword (Lothric Knight Greatsword)! I found out that ultra greatswords are too slow for certain bosses that are fast like Nameless King. I switched to Sellword twin blades, and it became a cinch because twin blades have rapid rate of attack, and double damage if attacking with two swords simultaneously.

Sellword twin blades are great with bosses, but I prefer my ultra greatsword for clearing out the enemies in the areas. I like how effective it is for simple enemies with block and hit HARD! One BIG HIT. They gone! lol.

It works well for the enemies in the areas because they have much less HP than the bosses. It's easier to kills them or take big chunk of their health due to this. Bosses are a little more tricky so fast attacks works better.

Final boss was a joke. Phase one was kinda annoying, but in phase 2, his health depletes rapidly. Both really cool bosses to fight. I had more difficulty with Gwyn from DS1 than the DS3 final boss. Beat the Soul of Cinder (final boss) with my trusty Lothric Knight Greatsword! No need for fast weapons for this guy.

Nameless King is so bad-ass how swoops down on top of the dragon and starts the fight on the dragon!! Coolest boss in the game! He is the real final boss!

Soul of Cinder

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #39 of 215
Holy cow! Sister Friede was by far the toughest boss on DS3 (if you include the DLC expansion).

The 3rd phase was super tough. It's like impossible to get a hit in without getting punished after! With bad luck, you can die from the punishment. lol.

3 f$$king phases!! I looked into the guides, and all say backstab her, but the backstabbing chances happen very little. I can't even stay close enough to her to get the backstab because I'm far away healing every minute. lol.

Phase 1 and 3 are just Sister Friede and in phase 2, her father joins. I can do better with shield and sword when I'm 1 on 1 with her, but phase 2 just takes too long if I don't use Sellsword Twin blades which does damage at a very quick rate. But, in phase 3, she's a mad woman and goes all out, and I can't handle her attacks without a shield.

I have much respect for the DS3 now. It's just a different game from Sekiro. There are tough DS3 bosses as well. This one felt nearly impossible. I'm so glad she's over with. I see why I see a lot of Youtube fight with shields. The way her attacks are, it's impossible not to hit if you don't have a shield.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #40 of 215
Wow, beat Midir fairly decent number of tries. I've been hearing he's the most difficult boss in DS3 (including DLC), but to me Sister Friede is much harder (even nameless king was more challenging). With Midir, you just try to stay infront of him and chizel his massive HP away because you can't be aggressive (you don't get too many hit opportunities, and he will punish you if you are not patient).

Big issue with Midir is high physical damage he does, and you just have to learn the timing of the dodges (it will have some dying to get a feel), and also dodge the fire breathing and the lasers. But, must be always close to his head so you can hit his head for double damage compared to his other body parts. Wolf Knight greatsword is best weapon for Midir. The weapon does 20% more damage against abysmal bosses like Midir. It's better to use this weapon compared to ultra great swords because faster swings. Ultra great swords do more hit damages, but swings are two slow (Midir will clobber you during the slow animation delay), and also Wolf Knight greatsword does 1.5x damage with strength if duel handed. I duel wielded the sword and hit him hard!

I beat a dragon! Yay! Probably the hardest creature boss in DS series? Demon of Hatred was much harder in Sekiro (It took too many dyings until it clicked).

I was curious how she did, and she did really well! 3 tries only! I looked at the youtube guides, and they just throw you all the kinds of different attacks Midir did and tells you to dodge them all. It seems like Marz's strategy is much simpler and works much better. You just stay under him right by the head and slash him away, and you don't get hit. So called Youtube experts don't seem to think outside the box. Sellsword Twin Blades seems to be superior all the time!! Now I see why Marz started with those (she did her research). I thought they looke real dopey, but there was an educated choice I realize now.

It shows you can be aggressive and take him down fast. I think Midir AI will keep trying to do swipe attack if you stay where she is at, and other attacks don't trigger. These games may appear to be impossible, but these enemies are still AI, and thus there is always a way to beat them (many ways)!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #41 of 215
Any of yall played DS1 knows how much of a pain in the ass Capra Demon was. This is one of the biggest trolling by video game devs in history. It's fun watching other's reactions though. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #43 of 215
Finally a challenging boss in DS2. Not particularly special or should cause much difficulty with such simple move set, but what makes the fight hard is the DS2 stamina recovery being so slow and he does massive damages (particularly when he imbues flames to his blade) with a massive hp pool that weapons generally chip away the health. So, there's not room for error with this guy. Dodging has to be perfectly timed to his delayed hit timing and whatch the stamina bar (not being too greedy).

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #44 of 215
Not really hard, but cheap boss. When you lock on to this bozo, the camera angle gets fu-ked, and you can accidently fall in the lava for instant death. Lol. You know they designed the area around lava so you'd fall and die. They put a hole on the floor so you'd fall in when dodging. 2nd worst trolling next the Capara Demon?

I'm glad I had a huge greatsword that would reach his head easily for high damages. Using short swords and hitting arms is too sloooowww. DS2 bosses are so slow and predictable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back