Hardcore - Crust, Powerviolence, Grind, Anarcho etc. all welcome
Sep 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #61 of 103

Quote:
4 pages in and no one has mentioned Prong?
my favorite grind core.
maybe i'm just too old. 
redface.gif

I did, on page one :)  I'd call them hardcore.  Grind is all about blast beats, among other things.

Don't have Beg to Differ but it's often held up as their best. Prove You Wrong has some great songs, but the production is pretty naff.  Apparently the band re-recorded and re-released some of the songs on a mini album for this reason.

Never too old buddy.  It's important to look back while looking forward.  Can be a challenge when a lot of good old stuff is oop, which forces us to be 'creative' in how we obtain it.  Good fun though.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #62 of 103
The beginning of metalcore for me was always all out war, even if now I listen back to it and its pretty much just hardcore. Assuck and anal **** were the beginnings of my grind phase. Kinda surprised noones thrown out the obvious napalm death? Dying fetus/misery index? My current (for the past year or two) all out grindfest is 1349's hellfire. So so good!

Sep 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #63 of 103
Heirs to Thievery by Misery Index has been piping into my ears in some form for quite a while now.  I just picked up the Overthrow ep recently and am digging that too.  Definitely quickly becoming a big fan of Misery Index.

Sep 5, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #64 of 103
oh man, you gotta pick up the Dissent ep too! Back when kevin talley was still drumming, slightly slower than what theyre doing now, but alot more groove, some of the greatest breakdowns ever!

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #66 of 103
Quote:
Kinda surprised noones thrown out the obvious napalm death?

Yeah, I consider Napalm Death to be so obvious that it didn't need to be mentioned ! That being said the three albums from their straight grind era are all awesome:
Scum
From Enslavement to Obliteration
Peel Sessions

Their later stuff is more of a mix of death/grind, much of it being quite good, but doesn't quite have the intensity of these 3 albums. Their earlier punk stuff from before Scum was good too, although needed a better production to be honest.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #67 of 103
Just picked up two bands.  Ruined Families and Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire.  Ruined Families is some nice crusty sounding hardcore and the Clinging is some crazy arse grind.  Check em out if you love the really screamey stuff.

Sep 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #71 of 103
Much of James Plotkin works stray a bit into noise/ avant/ experimental, but not this:

Just remembered Cadaver Inc -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iFoNML--8 and their inlay card with the release that promised body removal. Their website at at time had no info. of the band what so ever, just a fill out form for body removal and how demanding the clean up job would be.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #74 of 103
Did some one say screamo?  Here's a good one,

Enjoy!

Here lately I've been on a tough guy binge.  So I've been devouring:

American Me
Early Throwdown
One Nation Under
And the almighty Shattered Realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back