Hardcore - Crust, Powerviolence, Grind, Anarcho etc. all welcome
Jul 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #31 of 103
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
I will NEVER get over that album. How it was recorded in the mid-90s and seemed to actually effectively predict the direction of Punk is amazing. It's still ahead of its time to this day, and it's almost 15 years old now!

Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
Accessible Math Metal, or intricate hardcore? It's hard to decipher. All I know is after a few listens, this album REALYL grew on me, and it's the absolute pinnacle of Math-Metal for me. As a Coheed fan, it's great to know Chris is with them, now. However, I know Dillinger Escape Plan will never be the same, either, so it's bittersweet.

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #32 of 103
I loved Miss Machine.   It didn't seem to get a whole lot of love due to the change in vocalist and additions of clean vox and such.  Can't play the same style forever you know?  Ever heard any old Today is the Day?  Willpower and Supernova are fantastic.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #35 of 103
Union of Uranus stuff too.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #36 of 103
Thanks for the suggestion Cianyx.  I almost forgot about that album.  Been jamming the swedish stuff here lately too.  Skitsystem and Afgrund tear it up pretty well also.  Definitely have to pick up the rest of Nasum's discography also.

Hank - That union of uranus is some pretty sweet stuff there.  Definitely going to picking that up int he near future.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #38 of 103
Rehabitat I'm in utter agreement.  Child Abuse is fantastic(that sounds so wrong.)

Just picked up some Wolfbrigade.   Really ripping d-beat.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #40 of 103
Here' s a few grind bands. I'm not sure if you're interested in goregrind but because it is what I am most familiar with, I listed a few.

Early carcass/napalm death style grind:

Insect Warfare

Captain Cleanoff

Super Fun Happy Slide

The Kill

Goregrind:

Gruesome Stuff Relish

Regurgitate

The Day Everything Became Nothing

Bile (later renamed Skullhog)

Ahumado Granujo

Last Days of Humanity

Mincing Fury and Guttural Clamour of Queer Decay

Crust/Grind:

Cripple Bastards

Disrupt

Misc grind:

Alienation Mental - Ball Spouter and Kopferkingel in particular (don't listen to Psychopathicolorspectrum)

Birdflesh

****....I'm Dead

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #42 of 103
I've discovered some good hardcore lately, I can't believe I've missed out on these bands for so long, haha. Mostly it's been Ruiner, Modern Life is War, With Honor, and several others. And of course Converge is constantly spinning on my playlist.

Aug 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #43 of 103
Well noone knew sloppy like pg. 99, are you into any of the post pg. 99 bands? Pigmy lush, malady, ghastly city sleep, and my personal all time forever favorite city of caterpillar? And majority rule fans? Orchid? As the sun sets/daughters? Converge will always have a special place in my heart.

Also, if any of you dudes hasn't heard the catharsis album "passion" seriously one of my favorite semi crust speed hardcore albums of all time, even though its a different style most his hero is gone fans seem to like catharsis...

Aug 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #44 of 103
Catharsis is fantastic.  As the Sun Sets album Each Individual voice.......  is an awesome album. 

@Darklegion your taste in grindcore is great.  Last Days of Humanity is ridiculously good and Insect Warfare is what I put on when I need to peel paint off of walls.  Great bands.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #45 of 103
The Day Everything Became Nothing! A long time ago I ordered the NoMeansNo album and the record store accidentally sent me Le Mort. Fair enough.

I saw As The Sun Sets back when 77:44 came out and the most drop dead gorgeous girl was doing their merch rocking an Assuck shirt. The first Red Chord, Revolving Doors, is a classic for me. Same for Misery Index: Dissent. Anyone have that Drum>MachineGun comp that relapse put out a while ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back