Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Oct 11, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3,571 of 4,588
yea. that's my concern. the cable management seems like it may be a nightmare :/
what do you mean by passive pre-amps may cause issues

I mean it may affect the SQ when using a passive pre-amp as paralleling the outputs changes the input/output impedance ratio and passive preamps tend to be sensitive to that. It really depends and may not be an issue given a low output impedance of the source (75Ohm such as in Modi is pretty low), just it is something to be aware of and it wouldn't hurt to confirm no SQ deterioration is noticeable with the splitter vs. w/out.

These may work better with the Modi, same idea as the above splitters different execution:
https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-...F8&qid=1507777338&sr=8-6&keywords=RCA+Y-cable

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,573 of 4,588
I'm waiting for my Mimby to arrive with the Magni amp. Those folks with the Mimby, about how many hours did it take for the DAC sound to break-in and stabilize? Thanks

I'd say it takes about 50 hours or so to burn in. Once it's burned in, it takes about 2 hours for it to warm up (stabilize) from power on.

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,574 of 4,588
I'd say it takes about 50 hours or so to burn in. Once it's burned in, it takes about 2 hours for it to warm up (stabilize) from power on.
Agreed. Mine has finally hit the 50 - 70 hour mark, with my Vali 2, and they have finally given me a look at their capabilities. OMG! They are a wonderful pair. Definitely let them warm up like RickB said.

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3,578 of 4,588
It will not show up in windows, you have to select either the on board sound (and set it to optical output in the driver) or there will be a S/PDIF optical option in your sound devices menu.

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #3,580 of 4,588
Hi everyone! I just receveid my Modi Multibit this week, and I really really like it. I was wondering: sinc all of my music is 16-Bit/44.1 kHz (mostly apple lossless, some Apple Music streaming), is there any advantage to setting my iMac's Audio MIDI to anything higher than that? What would be the ptimal settings in Audio MIDI to get the best out of the Modi Mutibit?

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3,581 of 4,588
Hi everyone! I just receveid my Modi Multibit this week, and I really really like it. I was wondering: sinc all of my music is 16-Bit/44.1 kHz (mostly apple lossless, some Apple Music streaming), is there any advantage to setting my iMac's Audio MIDI to anything higher than that? What would be the ptimal settings in Audio MIDI to get the best out of the Modi Mutibit?

No, as it already over samples to 24/192k

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #3,583 of 4,588
Hey buddies, just have found someone that has got a mimby with 1y of life for sale with a good price, the owner say that he keep the mimby open all the time from day one, should this have reduced life of the unit? I don't think so but I am curious about the answer

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,584 of 4,588
Hey buddies, just have found someone that has got a mimby with 1y of life for sale with a good price, the owner say that he keep the mimby open all the time from day one, should this have reduced life of the unit? I don't think so but I am curious about the answer
I think this would depend on the conditions (temps/humidity) at their house.

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,585 of 4,588

Leaving it on all the time is better for the electronics that turning it on and off.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back