Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit

1. gvl2016
    I mean it may affect the SQ when using a passive pre-amp as paralleling the outputs changes the input/output impedance ratio and passive preamps tend to be sensitive to that. It really depends and may not be an issue given a low output impedance of the source (75Ohm such as in Modi is pretty low), just it is something to be aware of and it wouldn't hurt to confirm no SQ deterioration is noticeable with the splitter vs. w/out.

These may work better with the Modi, same idea as the above splitters different execution:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-...F8&qid=1507777338&sr=8-6&keywords=RCA+Y-cable

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. USP40guy
    I'm waiting for my Mimby to arrive with the Magni amp. Those folks with the Mimby, about how many hours did it take for the DAC sound to break-in and stabilize? Thanks

3. RickB
    I'd say it takes about 50 hours or so to burn in. Once it's burned in, it takes about 2 hours for it to warm up (stabilize) from power on.

4. Brad Riegler
    Agreed. Mine has finally hit the 50 - 70 hour mark, with my Vali 2, and they have finally given me a look at their capabilities. OMG! They are a wonderful pair. Definitely let them warm up like RickB said.

5. ReignofError
    Has anyone done any internal warranty-voiding modifications? Op-amps even if SMT? D.C. input? I've seen the I2S mods elsewhere on the net, but am looking for all I can find ideawise before I open it up.

6. MonoOno
    Question: How would I hook up the Multibit via optical on my PC? Just use my motherboard optical via the on-board RealTek? It will show up in Windows like USB DAC normally does?

7. Jimster480
    No you will select the Realtek Optical/SPDIF output as your DAC.

But yes you will connect it to your onboard via an optical cable.

8. Letmebefrank
    It will not show up in windows, you have to select either the on board sound (and set it to optical output in the driver) or there will be a S/PDIF optical option in your sound devices menu.

9. MonoOno
    Ah, okay. Thank you both.

10. decodm
    Hi everyone! I just receveid my Modi Multibit this week, and I really really like it. I was wondering: sinc all of my music is 16-Bit/44.1 kHz (mostly apple lossless, some Apple Music streaming), is there any advantage to setting my iMac's Audio MIDI to anything higher than that? What would be the ptimal settings in Audio MIDI to get the best out of the Modi Mutibit?

11. Jimster480
    No, as it already over samples to 24/192k

12. decodm

Thanks!!

13. Jerda
    Hey buddies, just have found someone that has got a mimby with 1y of life for sale with a good price, the owner say that he keep the mimby open all the time from day one, should this have reduced life of the unit? I don't think so but I am curious about the answer

14. Jimster480
    I think this would depend on the conditions (temps/humidity) at their house.

15. winders
    Leaving it on all the time is better for the electronics that turning it on and off.....

Jerda likes this.