Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Feb 16, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #4,487 of 4,588
Yeah… hold onto all original packaging, too. Makes re-selling much more profitable.
If you are interested in DIY… go to Ali or eBay and get a stuffed DAC board. Much cheaper… and unmodded sonics not far from Schiit. And then when you do mod …. Whoa Nelly …. unnnnnnnnnnnggggggghhhhhhhh! Pass the TP 🧻 puhleeze…
I sold one Modi multibit once and soon discovered that I had made a mistake. Modi multibit number two is staying. I use my Mimby with an Audiolab transport and Asgard 3 headphone amp. My headphones are Focal Clear Pros. The synergy of these components keep me more than happy. I do have a Modius and Modi 3+ that I might sell some day. Shipped in the original boxes!

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #4,488 of 4,588
Feb 16, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #4,490 of 4,588
I will remove it, but that is just utter crap if true!
It's kind of creepy to think every post past that banned link, including mine, will shortly be extinct to history.

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #4,491 of 4,588
About that op-amp "upgrade" .... weird that so many are on the bandwagon for THAT Texas Instr. device. It is a cheaper opa than what Schiit uses as OEM.
The thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang about DIY is that many nooooooooooobs to the hobby get trapped by the "Sunk Cost / Sunk Effort Fallacy" and will foeva swear by all the sweat and tears they've put into the project. OF COURSE IT HAS TO SOUND BETTER.
There are a few opamp-swap thread here on head-fi ... in the DIY sub-forum .... and these discussion have been going on since Jooooooooooooooooode invented this forum two decades ago.

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #4,492 of 4,588
About that op-amp "upgrade" .... weird that so many are on the bandwagon for THAT Texas Instr. device. It is a cheaper opa than what Schiit uses as OEM.
The thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang about DIY is that many nooooooooooobs to the hobby get trapped by the "Sunk Cost / Sunk Effort Fallacy" and will foeva swear by all the sweat and tears they've put into the project. OF COURSE IT HAS TO SOUND BETTER.
There are a few opamp-swap thread here on head-fi ... in the DIY sub-forum .... and these discussion have been going on since Jooooooooooooooooode invented this forum two decades ago.

I am not sure what you are saying exactly. Just because a part is more or less expensive does not mean anything. The 1656 opamp replacement is IMO of course, a distinct upgrade and removes some of the warmth/density that the modi MB has always had. Kind of wakes it up in a sense.

Of course YMMV and all that.

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #4,493 of 4,588
Just because a part is more or less expensive does not mean anything.
I am the el cheapo of all audiophiles. BUT..................... Statistically ... you usually get what you pay for. Because both the OEM and DIY opa's are not the <$1.00 jellybean variety, and not THAT dissimilar $$, so my bets on the perceived improvement are still set on the "sunk cost" brain effect coloring y'all modders' mindz.
My Modi MB -- purch'd July 2020 ??? --was put into storage only a few days after use.
Yes, I did "mod" one aspect of it ...

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #4,494 of 4,588
F196BB79-ACBB-45B6-BCA5-3F3637F7A1CE.jpeg

025BD2D8-5693-4624-A591-9DA6B015FDC0.jpeg

The best way to improve the sonics w/o opening the damn thang up.

Mar 10, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #4,495 of 4,588
Why does the Modi Multibit cost 319€ on Schiit Europe whereas in older reviews there is talking of 250€?
Edit: nvm on Schiit.com it costs 250 Dollars.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #4,497 of 4,588
I just bought a Modi Multibit, maybe i will compare to Resonessence Concero if theres a difference that is, when i get it.
Edit: i've just read that Modi Multibit doesn't support highres files. Can i listen to high res music nonetheless with resampler for foobar for example? How can i listen to 24bit when the Dac supports only 16bit?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #4,498 of 4,588
I just bought a Modi Multibit, maybe i will compare to Resonessence Concero if theres a difference that is, when i get it.
Edit: i've just read that Modi Multibit doesn't support highres files. Can i listen to high res music nonetheless with resampler for foobar for example? How can i listen to 24bit when the Dac supports only 16bit?
Most, if not all, of Schiit's DACs support up to 24 bit / 192 khz. That would be considered hi-res and should work for your purposes.
Anything beyond 24/192, then you'll need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #4,499 of 4,588
Most, if not all, of Schiit's DACs support up to 24 bit / 192 khz. That would be considered hi-res and should work for your purposes.
Anything beyond 24/192, then you'll need to look elsewhere.
Got it, thanks. I don't really need anything beyond 24/192 honestly.

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #4,500 of 4,588
Just a question, how's the USB implementation of the Modi MB or should i use an other input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back