Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Mar 10, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,701 of 4,588

I too am lucky that my wife enjoys music as much as I do and sometimes joins me at local meets and events. At the last The Source AV event we both had the opportunity to listen to the Sennheiser HE-1 as well as the MrSpeakers Æon and Ether Electrostats. She loved the Ether E as much as I did.

My wife also loves music just as much if not more than me so she comments on everything that I get.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2,702 of 4,588
anyone tried those metal-free carbon IC's with mimby? http://www.vandenhul.com/products/cables/the-second-r-halogen-free
to my ears SPC drastically improves its SQ but I'm getting a used pair of THE SECOND so I'll get to hear how much magic can be milked off this little wonderbox 
center]

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,703 of 4,588
  anyone tried those metal-free carbon IC's with mimby? http://www.vandenhul.com/products/cables/the-second-r-halogen-free
to my ears SPC drastically improves its SQ but I'm getting a used pair of THE SECOND so I'll get to hear how much magic can be milked off this little wonderbox 
center]

I don't think it would really do anything tbh

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #2,707 of 4,588
I tried the original USB iPurifier with the Mimby and to my surprise it made a difference, it's subtle but the treble is crisper and less fatigueing or so it seems. Hmm, now I got the itch to get the iUsb too as my setup suffers from noisy ground as well.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,708 of 4,588
I tried the original USB iPurifier with the Mimby and to my surprise it made a difference, it's subtle but the treble is crisper and less fatigueing or so it seems. Hmm, now I got the itch to get the iUsb too as my setup suffers from noisy ground as well.

Good to know, I plan to use iP2 with Mimby.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #2,709 of 4,588

Sure thing buddy, all IC's sound the same eventually 
bigsmile_face.gif

Cables are cables, there is no actual difference in transmitting power unless the length is extremely long or the cable itself is not thick enough.

In the cases of analog signals interference is possible but its easy to pick out. Once you are getting clean sound without interference there is nothing else to improve as your sound is already being transmitted as it needs to be.

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,714 of 4,588

Users who are viewing this thread

Back