Happy 10th Anniversary Head-Fi!
May 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
Couldn't find a thread for this (if there is, please steer me in the general direction).

June 2011 will mark the 10th anniversary for Head-Fi.

If I recall correctly, Jude created Head-Fi as a sort of stop-gap for us headphone fanatics who were all gathering at head-wize but were left out in the cold when the site went down for an extended period, Head-Fi was like a little island that grew into a city, then a country, then a huge continent, then took over the world.

Congratulations and thanks Jude. It's been a lot of fun. Lots of reviews, sharing of experience and opinions, some disagreements, some spats. But I learned a lot from all of it. And bought a hell of a lot of headphones because of it.

Happy 10th Head-Fier's!

May 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 29
Indeed, congrats Jude on the 10th anniversary of Head-Fi. I've learned alot since I've been here and continue to do so. Some very knowledgeable and talented DIY members are here on this board and it's always interesting to read up on there latest projects, reviews, and opinions. Hope to be around for another 10 years.

May 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 29
Congrats, Jude!

I wish I had been here for the early days... but has it been five years already?

I'm looking forward to the next ten years! Head-Fi is my online "home away from home" and I love being able to lend a hand around here.

Cheers, skål, prost, salud, and sláinte!

May 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 29
Dang Ten Yrs, I stumbled on this sight just 2 or 3 yrs ago thinking headphones were dead!     Anyway, Congrats to you, Jude and your team..... I've learned a lot, spent a lot (on Head Phone Gear) but have really had a great time reading, learning, laughing and even try giving advice... I'm with Uncle Erik on this one, I just wish I found this "place" years ago.....
wink.gif

May 28, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 29
congrats jude, i agree with the others. i stumbled on this website on boxing day of 2010 searching for headphones. now that i have been here for a while (5 months) i really wish i found this site sooner. i love this community and enjoy every bit of it. i also wish i could have been here in the golden days of head-fi when people were more knowledgable. i hope to be here for many years to come, and i hope to Hear (listen) many great things from here. i also feel i should keep the members lounge going as that is one of my favorite places on this site. from looking around i have noticed that many of the members with the most posts no longer come to this site. i also am starting to have doubts in what is said on here as the best gear. especially considering most of the people here have been hear for less then 2 years. i hope to still be around in 10 years time and hope to enjoy the ride. thanks jude and head-fi for all the great time i have had in the last 5 months.

May 28, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 29
^^^ What's been said so far ++

Just want to add my thanks for not only the wealth of knowledge and the friendliness of the members - but also my personal thanks to the community for introducing me to so much music I'd never heard before.  My favourite threads are still the music appreciation ones.  Simply wonderful.  Jude - you have created a wonderful place to spend time and gain knowledge and culture.

May 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 29
A very Happy Anniversary to Head-Fi and a big THANK YOU to Jude! Having been here 9 of Head-Fi's 10 years in existence has cost me thousands of dollars financially but has made me so much richer in other ways. Here's to the next 10 years! 

May 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 29
Congrats to HF and Jude! Just realized I am here for over 7 yrs now, time flies!

May 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #14 of 29
'
'
I'll just have to spin some tunes dedicated appropriately to this Head-Fi  occasion; Junkies "Anniversary Song"  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqCxS3_XqQ8

Thanx, for this our place for sharing in the celebration of music (and, stuff) ~  

May 29, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 29
bcasey25raptor, be thankful you're here now.

There are so many more products today. I remember when HD-650 v. RS-1 was a legitimate argument for best in production headphones. We're a lot better off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back