Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII?
Feb 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #16 of 21
OP, AKG headphpnes are VERY durable, and tend to offer very good sound IMHO. I own 4 pairs of AKG's, and haven't had a problem with any. I would not be hesitant to buy if I were you, as these are rare occurrences, and even so, you an still sell it, as someone will buy it that doesn't care. I just sold some Hd555 with a crack down the cup :D

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 21
The same problem with my akg k-240 mkII headphones! The right side was broken and a cable had come loose. I am very upset about the poor build quality from this expensive headphones! A tip: To open the headphone there is a small screw under the label affixed AKG..

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #18 of 21
I've owned my pair for more than 2 years and they are still in great conditions. apart from the usual wear and tear on the pads and a few scratches on where I lean them on the desk, I haven't had any problems. I think the biggest problem isn't the quality, but how we treat them. The k240 aren't sturdy like the metal used on Sony 7506 but in no way are they poorly built. Anyways, that's my take on them.

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 21
Just bought a pair... Lets see what they do, hmm?

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 21
I have exactly the same problem with my 240 mkII that  just i bought less than 1 year ago :frowning2:(
tips: dont use that cans while excercise, any exercise, my plastic dumbbells hit it lighty, but then i notice the crack 1 day later
so theres no any replacement for it? also are those crack make sound more leaking or not?

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 21
I have the same problem! Both sides, AKG K240 MKII.

I'm trying to find if there's any possibility to change that piece... but I have 2 problems. First, I don't know the exact name/reference number of this piece... Perhaps this?:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/244583-AKG-2058Z02210

And second... I don't know how to dissasemble that part for change it. Any of you could do it and can make a video or tutorial? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back