H320 fell down the toilet (2)
May 4, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 21
Wire Dry?
Its a spray you apply to car wires around the engine after it rains and the car wont start.
I dont know if it will work, but i just thought of it and posted my idea.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #17 of 21
Back from the dead!?

I dug the H320 "toilet diver" out of the junk drawer today, on a whim.  The unit powered on (with the battery removed, on AC) and Rockbox started!  No more hissing and whining noises coming from the chipboard.  Looks like the battery was shorted and the motherboard was still wet after 24 hours and various attempts to remove the moisture.  Thanks for the suggestions though!  I guess good old evaporation (and patience) was the final solution.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions and support!

EDIT:  The controls are scrambled (in Rockbox and iRiver firmware, with or without using a remote), and I noticed some corrosion spots on the mainboard.  Meh.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #19 of 21
Indeed, Danneq!  After tinkering around with this some more: cleaning the mainboard, reflashing the firmware, etc, everything appears to once again be in perfect working order!

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #20 of 21
Congratulations man! I've kept my H340 running (60 GB HD) with replacement batteries, and I keep my even older H320 around for possible spare parts.

I recently bought a 32GB Cowon J3, which is now my main DAP. It may be nice and light and hilariously thin compared to my H340, but feature-wise it doesn't compare at all to my Rockboxed players. If it weren't for the nice processing effects on the J3 (like BBE), I might have just stuck with the old iRiver, which still sounds great with higher-impedance phones. The H300 series were really built like tanks...

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #21 of 21
Rice, man. Just do the rice thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back