H320 fell down the toilet (2)
May 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

slag

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not the first, but I might be the last person to drop their H320 down the toilet. It was in my pocket and slipped out when I stood up, plunging into the toilet and taking a full (not-very-clean) bath.

I disassembled it, dabbed it with a paper towel, and let it dry out completely for 24 hours. After reassembly, can't power on.

I will likely go through all the steps listed in thread one to attempt to revive my iRiver, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a replacement. What I liked and used most about my H320:
  1. built-in microphone
  2. line recording
  3. Rockbox (Last.fm and Ogg Vorbis)

I considered buying an iPod Touch for the wi-fi, but honestly I'd rather have most of the three features listed above. I used these features many times and was actually headed down to use the microphone and line-in right as I was standing up from the toilet
frown.gif

Are there any modern "upgrades" from the H320?

May 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 21
Could you not buy another? As was suggested in the other thread.

May 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gives poignant new meaning to the term 'laying a brick'.

It was horrible... you don't even know. I was standing up because someone before me used all the toilet paper.

The worst part is that "taking the plunge" to try and save it didn't work.

May 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 21
Some turds end up bieng better just flushed away - and it was such a great DAP,........
frown.gif

May 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 21
Indeed, it's a sad day.

I think I will hold off and wait for a slate-style mobile internet device that has full HD playback. There should be a bunch of them coming this summer. Meanwhile, I'll go back to using casette tapes
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 21
I dont know how anyone can find out there is no toilet paper "after" they sat down and dumped, but anyway....blow dry it some, and leave it buried in a bucket of rice for a week, then try it. Really id throw it away. I wouldnt save anything from a dirty toilet, but to each his own i guess.

May 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #13 of 21
as a last, desperate resort, try using some WD-40 and then let it dry for several hours...

May 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 21
WD-40! Try Johnsen's Electronic Cleaner.

May 4, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #15 of 21
I knew that the idea of the WD40 seems weird, but in the current case - player that was immersed in water - it might do the trick in removing all the humidity.
As long as you have traces of water/humidity, I don't know if the electronic cleaners will do much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back