Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Dec 19, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3,061 of 3,700

I ordered the SITIME clock, which can be seen on the black XO. breeze actually recommended SITIME clock to the JYEC.

I am stuck as I cant handle SMT and would need a heat gun to do this. hi Abartel, any idea how to replace with crystek without using heat gun?

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #3,062 of 3,700

I ordered the SITIME clock, which can be seen on the black XO. breeze actually recommended SITIME clock to the JYEC.

I am stuck as I cant handle SMT and would need a heat gun to do this. hi Abartel, any idea how to replace with crystek without using heat gun?

Too bad you didn't get the Talema version - it is better.

I assume your are talking about the TXCO SiTime SiT5000?

Better phase noise then the generic JYEC TXCO - but not nearlyas good as the NDK SD or Crystek CCHD-957:

SiTIme SiT5000 TXCO Phase Noise: @1kHz -140db, @10kHz -150db @100kHz -150db (to bad no readings at 10Hz and 100Hz).

JYEC TXCO: @1kHz -125db (only numbers available - anyone have an English data sheet?)

NDK SD TXCO: @1kHz -154db, @10kHz -156db, @100khz -156db

Crystek CCHD-957: @1kHz -149db, @10kHz -162db, @100kHz -168db

http://www.sitime.com/products/datasheets/sit5000/SiT5000-datasheet.pdf

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #3,064 of 3,700
I have ordered a heat gun with solder paste. it will me my first time trying out. I do have a Talema (not Taema) tranny.

seriously I am considering the diyinhk pro3A. its quite promising. furthermore, I can switch it to use USB power, for which I am already using the LT 3042. just that the 2xLT3042 may not be enough to power 2xOCXO and 1xpro3A.

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #3,065 of 3,700
  I have ordered a heat gun with solder paste. it will me my first time trying out. I do have a Talema (not Taema) tranny.

seriously I am considering the diyinhk pro3A. its quite promising. furthermore, I can switch it to use USB power, for which I am already using the LT 3042. just that the 2xLT3042 may not be enough to power 2xOCXO and 1xpro3A.

I'm curious to see how that heat gun goes - it should be a lot easier. 

The pictures you posted have the generic Chinese green BingZi transformer -the Talema is blue colored.

The Pro3a is interesting - that and the PUC 2 Lite I will give that a try at some point in the future.  The Pro3A can be powered with any nice 5-6VC external linear power supply like the R-Core TeraDak DC-30W or even better a Paul Hynes (highly recommended vs using USB power).  I've been posting and considering the Pro3A for some time now - well I decided to give one a try.  I'm hoping and assuming it does not require any USB power for an activation relay (like the U12) - like the Breeze.

Advantages:  Ultra low noise NDK NZ25290SD clocks pre-installed, Ultra low noise 1.0uVrms regulator installed, runs on 5-6VDC external power, relatively inexpensive $168.

Disadvantage: SPDIF Coax and optical output only.  Like the PUC2 Lite which is SPDIF AES only output, no i2s at all.  This is no problem for me as I use SPDIF coax exclusively.  Needs an expensive external linear power supply for top sound another $100-$350.

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/97-xmos-192khz-high-quality-usb-to-spdif-with-ultralow-noise-1uv-regulator-wmanual-power-switch.html

Note the website is likely incorrect on the external DC plug - probably should have read 2.5mm (the std) not 5.5mm.

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #3,067 of 3,700
Just noticed something very cool on the DIYinHK PRO3A - they use an ultra low noise NDK SD clock for USB as well as audio!!!

With Uptone's John Swenson speaking of USB 'Packet Noise' in the 8kHz range these NDK SD's should be far superior as USB reclockers to the XO's found everywhere else.

Well those NDK SD's (red line) rival OCXO clocks (green line)  in the lower frequencies for ultra low noise:

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,068 of 3,700
  Just noticed something very cool on the DIYinHK PRO3A - they use a ultra low noise NDK SD clock for USB as well as audio!!!

With Uptone's John Swenson speaking of USB 'Packet Noise' in the 8kHz range these NDK SD's should be far superior as USB reclockers to the XO's found everywhere else.

Well those NDK SD's rival OCXO clocks in the lower frequencies for utlra low noise:

That's one of the reasons I choose the isolated I2S interface from diyinhk, it also has NDK-SD for xmos 
wink_face.gif

About brainsurgery: my eyes are old,,,,, and yes I had a lot troubles soldering those tiny bast...s 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #3,070 of 3,700
thanks for heads up. that will mean my surgery works can be postponed. wonder if you might want to consider the DIYINHK LT 3042 modules too.

will just sit back and enjoy the music.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #3,072 of 3,700
  thanks for heads up. that will mean my surgery works can be postponed. wonder if you might want to consider the DIYINHK LT 3042 modules too.

will just sit back and enjoy the music.

No I will just run the TeraDak At 5.5VDC into the external power input.  I would still do the clock replacement on your Breeze to see the differences.  Did you order the SITime clocks?

this...
happy holidays all :wink:

Same here!
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #3,073 of 3,700
  No I will just run the TeraDak At 5.5VDC into the external power input.  I would still do the clock replacement on your Breeze to see the differences.  Did you order the SITime clocks?

Same here!
beerchug.gif

My unit is ordered with the SITIME option. I am waiting for the heat gun to arrive to do a clock swap.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #3,074 of 3,700
http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=176 

anyone try this HDMI i2s interface? looks interesting to me. low jitter spec, not sure the clocks though.

Introduction 
This is the UH1 without the DAC part. It is a pure high quality USB to i2s/DSD (over HDMI), COAX and OPT. This also has i2s/HDMI input (HDMI to USB)
It is based on the Savitech SA9227 asynchronous USB receiver clocked by two TCXO oscillators.

Two quality TCXO are used as the master clock to control the timing. This asynchronous USB transfer mode will give this device the responsibility to clock the data transfer instead of of your computer which has a clock of lesser quality with more noise and jitter introduced.
It accepts up to 384kHz sample rates and 16/24/32 bit. No drivers are necessary on MAC and linux computers! On Windows it can work without drivers up to 96kHz/24bit and with ASIO drivers up to 384/32. (Note that not all programs support ASIO). There is a switch that switches between Low and High sample rate mode. When set to Low, it works up to 96/24 with no drivers needed in Windows.
It utilises the USB port for power, so no external power supply is required. Also the outputs and inputs are ground isolated from USB.

Windows driver:
Download here (updated april 16th). New driver supports Win 10 here.

SPECIFICATIONS
Inputs:
USB INPUT:
  1. Asynchronous USB transfer with two TCXO as master clock
  2. USB receiver Savitech SA9227
  3. Inputs are ground isolated from USB
  4. Supported sample rates: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384kHz
  5. Supported bitrates: 16, 24 and 32 bits
  6. Works in either Full speed or High Speed USB transfer mode selectable with a switch ("L" "H"). No drivers required in MAC/Linux in both full and high speed modes. Windows ASIO needs drivers for High Speed mode only.
  7. We are using two (expensive) TCXO to act as master clock.  45.1584MHz for 44.1, 88.2, 176.4, 352.8MHz sample rates, and  49.152MHz for 32,48, 96, 192, 384kHz sample rates. The USB transfer is clocked by the TCXO directly. This is better than PLL async mode and offers close to zero jitter. PLL async mode has ~30ps jitter, which is already quite low, but not as good as when clocked from TCXO directly.
SPDIF/OPTICAL/i2s(HDMI) INPUT:
  1. To USB/computer only! It doesn't convert i2s to the COAX/SPDIF outputs.
  2. SPDIF Support samples rates up to 192kHz and 16/24/32 bit.
Outputs:
DIGITAL OUTPUTS:
  1. DSD/I2S using HDMI port. Here is a linked drawing with the pinout for DSD and I2s. Note - this It not compatible with "normal" HDMI devices. The HDMI port is only used as a convenient connector and a way to send i2s balanced which improves signal quality. The DSD signal is also balanced. The pinout is made so that there is no harm done if you should connect it to a normal HDMI device.
  2. Optical output
  3. Coaxial output​
  4. Outputs are ground isolated from USB
Size: 85x70x24mm
mod: ud227
- See more at: http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=176#sthash.iMyiAwhQ.dpuf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back