GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Nov 10, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #5,416 of 5,552
There are also a few good write ups in this thread with pictures that document which opamps go where.
The rear one are duals, as they have a part in the balanced to unbalanced conversion for the rear XLR connectors.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #5,417 of 5,552
I just put in two LME49990HA single opamp and i can hear more details , wider soundstage but the warm of 5532 still exist .Will try to order a pair of dual opamp for replacement and give my feedback

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #5,418 of 5,552
i'm back in the club, just bought another h10

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #5,420 of 5,552
i picked this one up for my new aeon flow

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,423 of 5,552
Thanks for your reply, i am from Europe and i will come to US for Christmas. So i would like to buy it at this time.
At US it would be cheaper, but from shenzhenaudio.com i will have import taxes. Massdrop have this inactive drop.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #5,424 of 5,552
I have been trying to buy this amp for 2 months now, but to no avail. 2 times I ordered it, it was refunded due to various aggravating reasons (sent to wrong address, lost tracking numbers etc). I suspect that it's just the sellers didn't want to admit that they listed an out of stock item on sale. I ordered it first time on Taobao, then AliExpress. It was listed as out of stock in Shenzen Audio too. I inquired a few sellers on Ebay regarding it's availability, got no response at all. Is this product discontinued?

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #5,425 of 5,552
I have been trying to buy this amp for 2 months now, but to no avail. 2 times I ordered it, it was refunded due to various aggravating reasons (sent to wrong address, lost tracking numbers etc). I suspect that it's just the sellers didn't want to admit that they listed an out of stock item on sale. I ordered it first time on Taobao, then AliExpress. It was listed as out of stock in Shenzen Audio too. I inquired a few sellers on Ebay regarding it's availability, got no response at all. Is this product discontinued?

I never had a good experience with Shenzen Audio. You will get a buch of apologies due to lost/wrong/damaged items.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #5,428 of 5,552
Did anybody had a chance to compare new V6 opamps vs Sparkos Labs SS3602?

Also did anybody hear H20 by any chances?

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #5,429 of 5,552
Also would anybody be able to let me know how much from its relaxed from H10 deviate if at all when Burson's V5 or V6 are installed in it? Does those opamps change the nature of the sound of H10 or is it just making it more focused with bigger sound stage while retaining warmth and relaxed style?

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,430 of 5,552
Have the Burson V6's and two H10s, one H10 with full compliment of the V6 Classics and the other with full compliment of the V6 Vivids. From my experience using laptop USB -> Gustard X20U DAC -> Gustard H10s, if you want enhanced bass with lovely bodied/organic mids and better clarity and dynamics throughout compared to stock, the Classics are the ones. The Vivids seem very slightly clearer and really focus on detail and speed of the mids and highs, with less of a bass emphasis - most excellent for vocals or complex music passages. Both are noticeable improvement over the stock opamps (once they really come around after a few hundred hours), would not want to go back to stock. Make sure the back pre-gain dip switches are set to +6 or +12 with the V6s.

I don't think the Sparkos Labs SS3602 are recommended for use in the Gustard H10...current/voltage incompatibility that will eventually ruin them. That was brought out by Sparkos Labs earlier in this thread somewhere. The singles are fine to use from what I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back