GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Aug 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,971 of 5,553
Hello, may I ask what's the guideline for pre-gain setting (since no manual or whatsoever)? Like at some range of ohm, better to set at -12/-6/0/+6/+12? Is there any rule?
I'm using AKG K712pro and feel +6 listens best to my ears, but the range to adjust volume is too small...
Thanks! 

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #2,972 of 5,553
No hard and fast rules. It depends on your input signal too, along with the sensitivity and impedance of the HP. Find what gives enough volume/power with decent adjustment range and that's about as scientific as it needs to be.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #2,975 of 5,553
I have used the bifrost uber with the H10, it worked good together. but I sold my Bifrost uber to move on to the gustard X12 which I will be ordering soon.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #2,977 of 5,553
The new gear has arrived, and it's every bit as sexy as I'd hoped. I'm holding off on any real evaluation of the H10. At the moment everything is a bit muddy. I'm generally skeptical of burn-in (other than brain burn-in), but I'm keeping an open mind so we'll see if / how things change over the next few weeks.

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #2,978 of 5,553
believe it but the amount of change .... should i say melodramatic? ha ha ha

Quote:
  The new gear has arrived, and it's every bit as sexy as I'd hoped. I'm holding off on any real evaluation of the H10. At the moment everything is a bit muddy. I'm generally skeptical of burn-in (other than brain burn-in), but I'm keeping an open mind so we'll see if / how things change over the next few weeks.

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2,979 of 5,553
One interesting thing I noticed while listening to a string quartet piece is that the violins had a distinctive sound that I've never heard before. I switched over to the HD650s and it's just not there. The scratchy timbre of the bowed strings on the LCD2s is replicated in a way the HD650s can't do. I guess it's because the dynamic drivers of the senns are simply not fast enough to produce a sawtooth wave accurately.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2,980 of 5,553

Congrats and hope you enjoy. I quite like mine with the Audeze's.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #2,984 of 5,553
Got my Burson op-amp mod kit today and sadly I have a pretty significant clearance problem. I am unable to close the top panel with the Burson op-amps installed. I meet resistance with about 1 inch gap and when I inspect the underside of the top panel I can see the dusty imprint of the top of the op-amps themselves :frowning2:

Has anyone else who has done this mod experienced this?

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #2,985 of 5,553
  Got my Burson op-amp mod kit today and sadly I have a pretty significant clearance problem. I am unable to close the top panel with the Burson op-amps installed. I meet resistance with about 1 inch gap and when I inspect the underside of the top panel I can see the dusty imprint of the top of the op-amps themselves :frowning2:

Has anyone else who has done this mod experienced this?

Never mind, n00b mistake. I forgot to remove the sockets the op-amps were shipped with... Double op-amp sockets = too tall... Duh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back