GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #4,146 of 5,552
  So.........if we recently ordered any of the packages should we ask for a refund/cancel or will all of the recent orders be the new batch?

Reading between the lines, I think that any issues with the current, or previous, batches would then be replaced with the upgraded op-amps (rather than pre-empting a possible failure). I guess with the lifetime warranty, this shouldn't be a problem.

-------

P.S. Dude, you know that you can use the 'Quote', or 'Reply', icons; then people will know who your comment/question is directed at (and maybe get an email). Just a suggestion 
biggrin.gif

P.P.S. Currently working on my V5S impressions post. 
o2smile.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #4,148 of 5,552

The H10 is powering the original opamps at +/-16 Volt to 16.5Volt (varying due to different main voltage settings). That is above our stated maximum working voltage of +/-15 volts. 

In our existing QC process, we only retain V5 opamps meeting our stated working range plus a 5% buffer zone.  ie.  Opamps that can do better than +/-16 volt stays and any that tolerates less are scrapped.

Not great news obviously but at least you're being transparant and solution oriented which makes it solid support. Good good good.

So what are chances of failure if H10 needs about 16V and the V5's give a maximum of 15,75V?
And in your tests, what main voltage setting requires 16V vs 16.5V?

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #4,149 of 5,552
patiently awaiting my ad797br and my lme49990ma opamps to arrive from china, sometimes it takes a while..........

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #4,151 of 5,552
18 days and still waiting for my duals from Burson.

That means you ordered them on 24 December.  I ordered mine on 29 December.

They were on holiday during that stretch, so we might not see ours for another week or longer. I would expect 26 days to be the maximum (instead of the 12 days I've seen with previous U.S. customers.)

Thanks to the holiday delay, we might get ours on the same day - instead of 5 days apart.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

I just received my full boat opamp package that I ordered on the 23rd of decemeber and... I received two sets of singles. Dang! Time to bring up their support.

That's 21 days (through the holidays).  Are you in the States?

Still waiting on my duals. If they are not here tomorrow I might get a refund through PayPal. Or maybe try to contact Burson and ask them what's up. Maybe they can EMS me a new pair.

Conjecturing...   If Yeskey is in the States, you could receive your order today (Thursday, 14 January) and I should receive mine by Tuesday of next week (19 January), each of us having waited 21 days, as Yeskey did.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #4,153 of 5,552

You might be the smartest guy in this thread!  
biggrin.gif

well, i was planning to get the bursons of course, BUT, i figured the smart thing to do is wait for now, and see how QC straightens out, i feel sure it will, 

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #4,154 of 5,552
I really liked reading the "lifetime" warranty replacement part of bursons post. I've had no problems with mine but it's good to know if I do , they will send me new ones.

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #4,155 of 5,552
Uh..........My bursons (Full Boat) just arrived at 10:30 this morning..........that was WAY faster than I expected.

According to headfi my post http://www.head-fi.org/t/735828/gustard-h10-high-current-discrete-class-a-output-stage-headphone-amplifier/4080#post_12239517 was 3 days 21 hours ago. That has to be a new record or something right?

Haven't put them in yet, most likely going to install them tomorrow on my day off so I can have all day to listen and put some burn in time into these bad boys. I just hope these don't start developing issues. The journey begins tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back